Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the closest to "elite" that GGG has faced?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Clearly the answer is no. More important, the answer is no one he's ever faced is even close to elite.
    Can't help that he's in a incredibly weak division. Was suppose to fight Pirog, Sturm, N'Dam. Is there anyone elite at 160 that he could have fought?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Keep mentioning Froch.

That'll make Golovkin's resume less ****
      Is this some sort of teeth and cheak comment?

Comment

Who is elite at 160...nobody. Unless you consider miguel cotto a true 160 now. But he just got there.

Comment

Someone alert Froch quick that theres nothing to fear, so he doesnt put out any more statements like these:

Froch: "Just swerve Golovkin like the plague. He punches like a mule. I don't need to be in with him. Dangerous fight."

Froch clarifies the above lol: "It was tongue in cheek back then. I was being a bit cheeky and you can take those comments with a pinch of salt. What I will say though is this guy can ****ing punch: he's dangerous and if he can be avoided we'll avoid him"

Comment

He beat Sergey Khomitsky, the current unofficial lineal middleweight champ of course.

Comment

he hasn't fought any elite fighters.

he is the only elite fighter at 160 lbs, doe. ask vegas what the odds are gonna look like if he ever gets a fight with these jabroons. he'd knock cotto's head into the cheap seats, and everybody knows it. cotto knows it.

he'd be a betting favorite against froch, too. not a massive favorite, the way he'd be against cotto, alvarez, but a favorite he'd still be.

Comment

Golovkin fans desperately attacking Froch because they can't answer the question

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  he hasn't fought any elite fighters.

he is the only elite fighter at 160 lbs, doe. ask vegas what the odds are gonna look like if he ever gets a fight with these jabroons. he'd knock cotto's head into the cheap seats, and everybody knows it. cotto knows it.

he'd be a betting favorite against froch, too. not a massive favorite, the way he'd be against cotto, alvarez, but a favorite he'd still be.
                  Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Someone alert Froch quick that theres nothing to fear, so he doesnt put out any more statements like these:

Froch: "Just swerve Golovkin like the plague. He punches like a mule. I don't need to be in with him. Dangerous fight."

Froch clarifies the above lol: "It was tongue in cheek back then. I was being a bit cheeky and you can take those comments with a pinch of salt. What I will say though is this guy can ****ing punch: he's dangerous and if he can be avoided we'll avoid him"
                  Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Golovkin fans desperately attacking Froch because they can't answer the question

it still stings, doe.

Comment

dirk, do you think froch beats golovkin?

168 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                      Geale is a B fighter, not C. He's also the closest to ''elite'' that Golovkin has faced so far. I also don't believe Barker is a D fighter at all.
                      Geale is a B fighter?

What does that make guys like Matthysse and Khan who Danny Garcia has beat? Or guys like Trout and Lara that Canelo has beat? Are they then A fighters?

Geale is terribly average and so is Barker.

Comment

Working...
                      X