Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was Wladimir Klitschko's best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was Wladimir Klitschko's best win?

Who was the best fighter Wladimir beat in his pro career so far?

Was it 2000 Byrd, 2005 Peter, 2008 Ibragimov, 2009 Chagaev or 2011 Haye?
    2009 Ruslan Chagaev
    4.26%
    2005 Sam Peter
    10.64%
    2000 Chris Byrd
    27.66%
    2011 David Haye
    48.94%
    2008 Sultan Ibragimov
    6.38%
    2010 Eddie Chambers
    2.13%
    2002 Jameel McCline
    0.00%
    2008 Tony Thompson
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

I think it's hard to separate the five of them, chagaev was a decorated amateur, beating felix savon and he proved he could take on tall fighters by beating valuev. If he hadn't been coming off an injury I think this would be his best win. Ibragimov was similar, good a auteur career, solid pro, just a boring fight, wlad was so tentative it's hard to rank it as his best win. Haye had a lot of hype around him, had looked great at cruiserweight and explosive at heavyweight against the right fighters. But again the fight didn't excite and Haye was never really proven at heavyweight. The Peter fight was impressive, wlad had been stopped twice in his last four fights and hews facing a feared power puncher. That he could be caught, dropped and get back up to still dominate showed us his heart. The fact that Peter went onto win a title after wlad shows he was a good fighter. His recent losses can be attributed to the beating vitali handed him in 2008. That leaves the Byrd win, Byrd was coming off a win over big bro, wlad was still young and untested. Byrd went onto have good wins over tua and Holyfield. He was a pure boxer that proved in his win over tua that it took more than a big punch to beat him and wlad had the perfect balance of power, speed and athleticism to dominate him. In my opinion this is his best and most underrated win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
      I think it's hard to separate the five of them, chagaev was a decorated amateur, beating felix savon and he proved he could take on tall fighters by beating valuev. If he hadn't been coming off an injury I think this would be his best win. Ibragimov was similar, good a auteur career, solid pro, just a boring fight, wlad was so tentative it's hard to rank it as his best win. Haye had a lot of hype around him, had looked great at cruiserweight and explosive at heavyweight against the right fighters. But again the fight didn't excite and Haye was never really proven at heavyweight. The Peter fight was impressive, wlad had been stopped twice in his last four fights and hews facing a feared power puncher. That he could be caught, dropped and get back up to still dominate showed us his heart. The fact that Peter went onto win a title after wlad shows he was a good fighter. His recent losses can be attributed to the beating vitali handed him in 2008. That leaves the Byrd win, Byrd was coming off a win over big bro, wlad was still young and untested. Byrd went onto have good wins over tua and Holyfield. He was a pure boxer that proved in his win over tua that it took more than a big punch to beat him and wlad had the perfect balance of power, speed and athleticism to dominate him. In my opinion this is his best and most underrated win.
      Excellent post.

I think Wladimir's best win is either 2000 Byrd or 2008 Ibragimov.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Who was the best fighter Wladimir beat in his pro career so far?

Was it 2000 Byrd, 2005 Peter, 2008 Ibragimov, 2009 Chagaev or 2011 Haye?
        It's Byrd, Haye or Peter.

Byrd is one of the most accomplished fighter that appear on Wlad's resume, but at the same time, he was much smaller and didn't carry the equalizing power a David Haye has.

That's the problem with Wlad : he has so many quality wins, but he lacks that one great win over a Holyfield, or a Bowe, a Holmes,...

Comment

For me, the first Peter fight. Lots of action, a drama, Wlad was in great trouble and came back as a real champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Excellent post.

I think Wladimir's best win is either 2000 Byrd or 2008 Ibragimov.
            Definitely not.

Ibragimov, despite the fact that I like him, has a pretty weak resume. His best wins are over an old Holyfield and a shot to death Briggs. He also drew with Austin which doesn't look too good even though Austin was a tough fighter during those years. Sultan had some skills, athleticism, speed, but he had no jab and I think his southpaw stance didn't help him one bit when he faced Wlad.

Comment

If Haye fights Pulev and beats him does he take Pulev's spot in the title eliminator against the winner of Fury vs Cunningham?

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                If Haye fights Pulev and beats him does he take Pulev's spot in the title eliminator against the winner of Fury vs Cunningham?
                There is no chance that the craven Haye will fight Pulev.

They may contacted some good, top ten heavyweights like Pulev for PR reasons, but wait and see, Haye will actually be fighting a soft opponent like Andrew Wawrzyk or Jovo Pudar.

I'll be surprised if Haye even chooses Charr, who isn't a top ten heavyweight but is strong and durable, definitely a lot better than the feather-fisted and china-chinned Wawrzyk.

Comment

For me, it's the Byrd rematch. Wlad totally dominated Byrd though-in-though and knocked him out in devastating fashion.

Comment

When you post the list like that its almost like he never fought anybody decent in his entire career. (Well, Corrie Sanders was alright but we know what happened in that fight.)

Comment

Working...
                    X