Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience Conquers Youth As Maidana Stops Ortiz In Six

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is something good that came out of this situation. we had a great fight. whoever won, people will want to see that winner/ or loser for that matter again. i wont be surprised to see amir khan fight ortiz instead of maidana.

Comment

Don't Count Him Out Just Yet

Originally posted by namme View Post
      So much for the hype!
      I'm not so sure about that, Victor had a very game and very underrated opponent in front of him tonight. He is still young and I believe he will improve as a fighter.

Comment

Dddddddaaaaammmnnnnn!!!!, i did not expect this at all, im 21 and i thought 22 I would look forward to being more mature, but looking and listening to victor ortiz he sounds like a ****ing 10 year old ready to eat a happy meal after a baseball game,victor ortiz is as goofy as his old man in the prefite piece they had, that was funny as ****. Ortiz fights like he is still in the teenage national ranks, he could not keep a left hand up to keep away that same wide ass rite hand from maidana, victor ortiz needs to first learn to become a professional and then he can avoid his teams gameplan, he seemed like he QUIT, I think b-hop,sugar shane, and the olden girl need to sit this kid down and teach him first to become a professional inside the ring maybe he can grow a heart from here on out,cuz the olden girl won't be able to since he finished his career on the stool like he was ****ting in his trunks from taking that ass whopping from manny, i thought for sure vic's eye was bout to swell up like fernando Vargas eye did back in the day or like when hassim Rahman head swole up like a softball, vic needs work on defense and more important GROW SUM NUTZ kid,

Comment

There are a lot of really ****ty people on this site! People were here happily hyping Ortiz as the next coming of Jesus but the second he loses people come out calling him over rated and what makes it worse some people even seem happy!
          This is a 22 year old kid for goodness sake! Give him a chance, your not defined by your defeats rather it how you bounce back. Lets give him a chance before we right him off at 22

Comment

Its not that he is overrated, its the way he looked to have GIVEN UP in the 6th round , he put his hand up to the ref like he didnt want no part of them rite hands anymore, u can't just give up in the middle of the fight , especially for a title on the line, he was still ahead in the scorecards , he just didnt have the nuts to keep on fighting , plain and simple, he got the offense to be lb for lb great but has the professionalism of someone from the contender reality series ,

Comment

Originally posted by internetworld7 View Post
              I'm not so sure about that, Victor had a very game and very underrated opponent in front of him tonight. He is still young and I believe he will improve as a fighter.
              Absolutely. But it puts Kotelnik's win over Maidana into perspective. Kotelnik is massively underrated by many people here.

Comment

Originally posted by rizilla View Post
                unfortunately for people who like to talk negatively about golden boy promotions, GBP is at the top of the boxing promotional world
                I remeber when Barrera was fighting Marquez they got less when Pac qs fighting Solis.

GBP may be good but the pay is not that much. That is why Pac went to Arum.

anyway Maidana lost against Kotelnik which put a question mark how would Amir Khan handle Kotelnik.

also it makes as if Maidana has +40 fight but him and victor Ortiz are about the same. But as experince it not mcuh only that Maidana traveled around the world to fight other fighters.

Comment

To think that kotelnik beat maidana, says alot for him. Maidana clearly has power to burn and doubt frank warren would be in a hurry to put khan in with him.

Ortiz though is still young, he'll learn from this and come again. I think it's good for a fighter to taste defeat while they're are still relatively young.

Comment

Where are the haters that almost kill Cotto cause he put his knee in the canvas while gettin hit with 2 cement blocks ? U better say something now cause this kid really QUIT !

Comment

Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
                      oscar might have to start fighting again to keep golden boy running.

i love how maidana took a hard verbal right at amir khan(who was ringside btw) saying he's not nothing really, not a big deal.
                      Yea that was the **** right there!

Comment

Working...
                      X