No announcement yet.

Em Voted Best Rapper Alive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
    eminem has done 0 since 2004....how could he be the the best alive? I think the best rapper alive right now is Nas.
    Because he's still alive... LOL

They didn't say who's the hottest now.

I don't have a problem with anyone saying he is the best rapper alive. He very well may be. He doesn't fall into what a lot of people call "hip-hop", but Hip-Hop as it began IS dead like res says...

Eminem very well may be better than Jay-Z or Nas or LL Cool J based on the criteria you use...

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
      I suppose if a black guy can be the best golfer, a white guy can be the best rapper. Makes no sense, but fits somehow. Shows how diverse the country is becoming and I like that.
      Black guy best golfer (and maybe 2nd best if you count Singh), white guys taking over R&B (thicke, Timberlake), black women taking over tennis (Williams sisters), white guys winning NBA MVPs (Nowitzki, Nash), black guy hosting a country version of American Idol (Cowboy Troy), black guy leading the Presidential polls, the best heavyweight boxers all white...

...Stereotypes are taking a major hit nowadays...

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
        Because he's still alive... LOL

They didn't say who's the hottest now.

I don't have a problem with anyone saying he is the best rapper alive. He very well may be. He doesn't fall into what a lot of people call "hip-hop", but Hip-Hop as it began IS dead like res says...

Eminem very well may be better than Jay-Z or Nas or LL Cool J based on the criteria you use...
        neils, your driving me crazy latley....lmao. everything i say, you don't agree with. how about this...neils is a legend. Is that ok?

if you want to think eminem is the best rapper alive, fine. your right, it depends how you look at it...i see what you saying.

Comment

neils, your driving me crazy latley....lmao. everything i say, you don't agree with. how about this...neils is a legend. Is that ok?

if you want to think eminem is the best rapper alive, fine. your right, it depends how you look at it...i see what you saying.
          I just mean he doesn't have to be recording to be "Best alive"

I'd say LL Cool J is the best alive, though he hasn't put out a classic album EVER...and I'd put Will Smith and Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem on that short list...and give different reasons for all of them.

I know we didn't used to disagree on everything...I'm just more unimpressed by the "new school" of rappers that get placed with the legends too quickly I think.... I don't buy the hype for Game, TI, OR Wayne...maybe I'm just getting older and crankier LOL

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
            I just mean he doesn't have to be recording to be "Best alive"

I'd say LL Cool J is the best alive, though he hasn't put out a classic album EVER...and I'd put Will Smith and Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem on that short list...and give different reasons for all of them.

I know we didn't used to disagree on everything...I'm just more unimpressed by the "new school" of rappers that get placed with the legends too quickly I think.... I don't buy the hype for Game, TI, OR Wayne...maybe I'm just getting older and crankier LOL
            i see what you were saying. my bad. i know what your saying about new school rap. i'm a jay-z/nas/pac/big etc. fan. i like the old stuff. give me reasonable doubt over the carter III any day of the week. i must say though, i personally think TI is talented. Game, hes alright sometimes. I'm not into wayne really, maybe a few songs.

even if i don't agree with everything you say, i respect your opinion because i can tell your a knowledgeable person. plus your from the boxingscene class of 2004. your neils, what would boxingscene be without neils? its would be like boxingscene with jack...can't happen. we need you...
            Last edited by Truth; 10-09-2008, 07:02 PM.

Comment

i see what you were saying. my bad. i know what your saying about new school rap. i'm a jay-z/nas/pac/big etc. fan. i like the old stuff. give me reasonable doubt over the carter III any day of the week. i must say though, i personally think TI is talented. Game, hes alright sometimes. I'm not into wayne really, maybe a few songs.

even if i don't agree with everything you say, i respect your opinion because i can tell your a knowledgeable person. plus your from the boxingscene class of 2004. your neils, what would boxingscene be without neils? its would be like boxingscene with jack...can't happen. we need you...
              I agree with Tuggers on Luda being underrated too...that's been my running jab at Godz Hand for not rating him

Comment

I dont think eminem is the best rapper alive, i think you gotta give that award to nas after dropping a cd like untitled....15 years since illmatic and hes still on top. You make a poll on most websites and untitled comes in 1st with ease, as the best cd of this year.

I like the way eminem handled it, saying that theres not really on rapper thats the best. Hes got alotta respect for the game and its history, alotta these young ****s can learn alot from him. Hes never been one of my favorites but line for line he can go toe to toe with the best ever, i cant even front on that.

This was a popularity contest. Im suprised to see eminem won...i would have guessed lil wayne would be the winner, hes got the most stans right now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
                  I dont think eminem is the best rapper alive, i think you gotta give that award to nas after dropping a cd like untitled....15 years since illmatic and hes still on top. You make a poll on most websites and untitled comes in 1st with ease, as the best cd of this year.

I like the way eminem handled it, saying that theres not really on rapper thats the best. Hes got alotta respect for the game and its history, alotta these young ****s can learn alot from him. Hes never been one of my favorites but line for line he can go toe to toe with the best ever, i cant even front on that.

This was a popularity contest. Im suprised to see eminem won...i would have guessed lil wayne would be the winner, hes got the most stans right now.
                  And it was Vibe magazine, which I'm old enough to remember, was released pretty much just marketed to African Americans when it came out - I know it's more mainstream now, but still...this wasn't US Weekly or Rolling Stone -

Comment

shame nas didnt get the title because he deserves it after untitled

Comment

Eminem's first 2 CD's were great. Put for the past 2 years he hasnt been the same.

I have to go with Nas too for greatest rapper alive, and i'm not even a fan.

The fact that little wayne is even on that list just shows how gullible rap fans are nowadays, people listen to garbage.

Comment

Working...
                      X