Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List Your Top Five: Smartest and Dumbest Boxers IN THE RING.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
    Smartest:

Ward
    Lomachenko
    Chocolatito
    Rigo
    Kovalev

Dumbest:
    Kirkland
    Khan
    Provodnikov
    Rios
    Judah
    i dunno how i forgot him. he's probably the smartest i've seen since floyd. his movement is so crisp.

Comment

Andrew Golota did one of the stupidest things I've ever seen a boxer do... All he had to do was stop hitting Riddick Bowe low and he wins the heavyweight title....

But after multiple warnings and point deductions he continued !!! HIS CORNER TELLS HIM TO DISREGARD THE BODY ALL TOGETHER AND STRICTLY TARGET THE HEAD !!!
      Golota goes low again and gets disqualified !!!!

That might've been the stupidest thing a boxer has done with so much on the line ...

Comment

Smartest? These guys adapt to an opponent. They study while they fight.
        Floyd
        Ward
        GGG
        Rigondeaux
        Loma

Dumbest.
        Edwin Rodriguez(but he is damn entertaining
        Rios
        Quillin
        Victor Ortiz
        Lemieux

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          his inability to simply throw punches when it would have won him fights. sheer inactivity. neglecting to do the one thing that boxers do, punch.
          That's not brains, that's a lack of physical ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            Tim is definitely not the dumbest o even close to it. He has a habit of not sticking to his gameplan and getting wreckless but hes not a dumb fighter by any means.
            Sorry but that's a dumb fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              To me one of the dumbest boxers I've ever seen is Tim Bradley.
              Saw the title, and his name was the first I could think of. Always somehow manages to make fights more difficult than they need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                his inability to simply throw punches when it would have won him fights. sheer inactivity. neglecting to do the one thing that boxers do, punch.
                So basically the Pac fight... Gotcha!

Good to see fans still judge his entire career off that fight.

If inactivity( as in fighting once a year )was smarts, the you would be correct.

If the inability to fight through injuries was smarts, then yes, you would be correct.

Clottey was no stupid fighter by any means. The only three fights he can even be questioned for Inactivity was, Margo, Cotto, and Pac.

He busted up his hand against Margo. He was body slammed, and messed up his knee in the process against Cotto. Both fights he had in hand, at the moment of injury.

The Pac fight, I agree. Inactivity cost him a competitive fight, huge outrage from fans, and maybe a W. That doesn't make him an overall dumb fighter though.
                Last edited by HandSpeed303; 06-18-2016, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Dumbest championship level fighters you have seen on tv.

LOL.

The thing about Friday Night Fights when they started losing budget. You'd see him really dumb fighters in there at times. Dumb and with no talent too!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    Tim is definitely not the dumbest o even close to it. He has a habit of not sticking to his gameplan and getting wreckless but hes not a dumb fighter by any means.

That's what makes him dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      That's not brains, that's a lack of physical ability.
                      nah, that's brains. clottey could throw but was too something to not do so and for me it wasn't physical deficiency .. at least IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X