No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto To Return June 4 In Either New York or Miami

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    Canelo and marquez are in play. Liam smith and billy joe saunders the back up plans.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/boxe...lo-o-a-marquez
    Ok thanks. Now we know he's going to fight. You can go back to your cave now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      Ok thanks. Now we know he's going to fight. You can go back to your cave now.
      lol
      that was funny. almost greent you until I saw your de la hoya pic.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
        lol
        that was funny. almost greent you until I saw your de la hoya pic.
        Fair enough.

Comment

Can't imagine Canelo & Oscar would be down for a rematch or at least not in June. Cinco De Mayo mfers.

Juan Manuel Marquez? JMM is in the running? I think JMM is an intelligent guy & I think this is a jump he'd not be willing to make & I have a hard time seeing Cotto being able to get down low enough too.

Seems like it's the Smith & BJS show. I think Smith will come get destroyed in NY for a decent payday so he's probably the best option of the guys mentioned & I think BJS will be a lil harder to deal with + I think BJS beats Cotto so that don't even seem like a great fight to take for Cotto.

I think they should just try to get Kirkland to sign a contract & stick with it. He always makes for fun fights & I think Cotto looks good winning. Or quit being all uppity & go for the rubber match with Margarito. I think he wins both of those fights & looks solid to great doing so so sets himself up for another big fight in late 2016 or early 2017 for one last big payday.

Comment

At this point a Marquez fight is a joke. If he's going to fight someone around WW then why not a guy like Brook or Garcia?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              Who? Cotto???
              Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I would love for a major fight like Cotto/Marquez to take place down here but they always flirt with the idea then pass.

Comment

i don't want to see a canelo rematch. that fight was not close. it'd be fine on HBO, but it's going to be on PPV, obviously, and i don't think an immediate rematch of a lopsided fight should be on ppv.

i would love to see marquez if he is healthy and on the juice again. that would be an exciting fight, and an "event." we might even see the old cotto coming forward and throwing to the body. i'll pay 60 for that if the undercard is robust.

Comment

I can easily see it being Smith. with maybe JMM as his last fight, after JMM has had a 'comeback' fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                    Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I would love for a major fight like Cotto/Marquez to take place down here but they always flirt with the idea then pass.
                    oh I see.... he did go to miami vs delvin rodriguez... shit was packed!

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                      Canelo and marquez are in play. Liam smith and billy joe saunders the back up plans.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/boxe...lo-o-a-marquez
                      Probably going to be Liam Smith

Comment

Working...
                      X