Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather vs. Mosley the ultimate flip flop in recent boxing history???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    Nothing close to the flip flip Floyd cheerleaders did with Cotto.

When Cotto fought Pac:

Flomo #1 - Oh he weight drained!!
    Flomo #2 - Cotto washed up!!!
    Flomo #3 - Pac cherry picking!
    Flomo #4 - Cotto coming off a loss. Clottey whooped him yo!

Ahhh but then Floyd signs to fight Cotto:

Flomo #1 - Cotto is the #1 ranked JMW
    Flomo #2 - Cotto ain't washed up! He beat Margarito in a rematch.
    Flomo #3 - Better late than never.
    Flomo #4 - Ya'll just hating for him trying to get that paper.
    Flomo #5 - Better win for Floyd than Pac/Margarito.
    And Cotto was "coming off three straight KOs, he's a different fighter."

Comment

It is a flip flop, but no one could have expected just how shot to **** he looked.

I give Mayweather credit for taking the fight, I picked Mosley's combination of speed and power to stop him and he almost came through but then he gassed after just two rounds. I don't think Mayweather deserves much credit for actually winning the fight.

And before someone says "he looked worse v Pacquiao", yeah he looked crap in that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I think Trout/Cotto was tbh. I mean when Floyd fought Cotto, Cotto was a beast. After Trout mirrored the act, Cotto instantly became shot. Seriously, like a millisecond after the decision was announced.
        That wasn't as bad as Mayweather-Mosley but that was also very bad.

Crazy to think no one picked Trout to win and most thought Cotto would beat him with ease and now it's not even considered a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Nothing close to the flip flip Floyd cheerleaders did with Cotto.

When Cotto fought Pac:

Flomo #1 - Oh he weight drained!!
          Flomo #2 - Cotto washed up!!!
          Flomo #3 - Pac cherry picking!
          Flomo #4 - Cotto coming off a loss. Clottey whooped him yo!

Ahhh but then Floyd signs to fight Cotto:

Flomo #1 - Cotto is the #1 ranked JMW
          Flomo #2 - Cotto ain't washed up! He beat Margarito in a rematch.
          Flomo #3 - Better late than never.
          Flomo #4 - Ya'll just hating for him trying to get that paper.
          Flomo #5 - Better win for Floyd than Pac/Margarito.
          Thats not a flip flop everything you said was true.

Comment

Easily.... However this is nothing new. Boxing fans (pre pac fanboy era) used to say Gatti was going to be too big for him or that he would duck Judah and or Baldo. We all know what people say NOW......

People always say Floyd is scared of anyone and everyone until after the fact. Flip flopping is nothing new but Mosley Mayweather takes the cake.

Yet, if you think the Mosley fight was a massive flip flop, just imagine if Floyd ever fought Martinez and actually won? That would be the biggest flip flop in the history boxing. Martinez is a Champion nearing 40, so we would hear the "too old" excuse after the fact.

It's always the same with Mayweather. He's always scared and coward etc ect yet after the fact we hear nothing but how it’s the other fighters fault and that they suck or had been cherry picked etc etc.. Same **** different day.

Mayweather Hoya was the same way.
            Last edited by WESS; 03-16-2013, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              And Cotto was "coming off three straight KOs, he's a different fighter."
              How many people really said those things though?

About 5 people who are known idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                It is a flip flop, but no one could have expected just how shot to **** he looked.

I give Mayweather credit for taking the fight, I picked Mosley's combination of speed and power to stop him and he almost came through but then he gassed after just two rounds. I don't think Mayweather deserves much credit for actually winning the fight.

And before someone goes, he looked worse v Pacquiao, yeah he looked crap in that one too.
                The Floyd/Mosley fight was understandable. The Pacman/Mosley fight was inexcusable.

Comment

Maybe but for good reasons. Why should we rate it highly if the information we have now leads us to believe it wasn't a great win?

I give Floyd massive props for taking the fight, but i don't rate it that great.

Same with DLH for Pac.

With that said, Floyd was a huge favorite over Mosley and should win. 5:1 or 6:1 i think.
                  Not sure what he's against Guerrero. 8:1 or something i think. To give some perspective. It was not a 50/50 fight by a longshot.
                  Last edited by Barry Halls; 03-16-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    How many people really said those things though?

About 5 people who are known idiots.
                    Definitely more than five known idiots. Not saying it was the prevailing opinion, but between the Cotto fans talking themselves into the upset, the Mayweather fans pumping Cotto up, and the Pac haters trying to downplay the Cotto he beat, far too many people were around here saying Cotto was a different fighter, the exact same people that said Pac beat a shot Cotto and deserved little credit.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Definitely more than five known idiots. Not saying it was the prevailing opinion, but between the Cotto fans talking themselves into the upset, the Mayweather fans pumping Cotto up, and the Pac haters trying to downplay the Cotto he beat, far too many people were around here saying Cotto was a different fighter, the exact same people that said Pac beat a shot Cotto and deserved little credit.
                      so yea ur basically talking about a bunch of idiots. look at it this way, pac get almost universal credit for beating cotto. mayweather gets very little for his win over cotto, he gets absolutely none for mosely. its really not even arguable.

Comment

Working...
                      X