Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Khan Stay At 140lbs For 1 More Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

move to 47 unless bradley fights him...rios and guerrero esp are irrelevant at that weight, no need to wait for them...and he gets nothing by beating erik.....i think he should go straight for berto and then fight the **** floyd jr after....

Comment

IMO Morales is irrelevant at 140.. He's done nothing to prove he's a worthy title-holder. Just a paper champ. Khan trounces him.

Rios has done nothing at the division and isn't moving up in weight until next year so it's hard to see a fight between them even being made.. Khan UD's him though but has some scary moments, maybe even gets knocked down once or twice.

Khan-Guerrero would be a great fight but I favour Khan to win by a clear, but close, UD. Maybe something like 115-113 or 115-112.

Guerrero is injured though and won't be back until Jan-Feb, and will want some tune-up fights at the weight before taking on the best in the division so I can't see Khan-Guerrero ever happening unless Guerrero moves up to 147 having won titles at 140 in order to further increase his profile (non-boxing fans don't know who he is, especially in the UK).

Khan should move up in weight and take on Brook. Brook should have the WBA title if everything goes to plan and beats Senchenko early next year. Khan beats Brook..

He should then try to unify against Berto for the IBF title. Maybe late 2012 he should fight Mayweather, but I'm hoping Pac-Mayweather happens then. So late 2012 Khan should probably fight Ortiz.

Fighting prime-Brook, prime-Berto and prime-Ortiz is better than fighting a past-prime Morales, a fresh from injury Guerrero, still in his prime but who hasn't fought at 140, and Rios (prime) who hasn't fought at 140.

Comment

Working...
      X