Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs vs Dmitry Pirog - Who Will Win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Jacobs vs Dmitry Pirog - Who Will Win?

What are your thoughts on this bout for the vacant WBO 160 pound Title?

Jacobs is one of America's brightest prospects. IMO this fight can go either way. They both have tremendous power.

Who wins???

Also, props to GBP for putting together a brilliant undercard.

I have only seen little of Pirog and he has talent and skill, this is no push over for Danny.

I favor Danny because of his punch out put and speed advantage, though it will be tough and this is more of a pick'm fight.

Comment

It's a very interesting fight, Jacobs has the skills to win as long as he keeps the fight on the outside and dictates the pace behind his jab but Pirog is a good fighter, he lulls his opponents to sleep with soft punches then throws a powerful shot when his opponents don't expect it, he turns his shoulder well and is a strong guy, if Ishe Smith was able to hurt Jacobs it's hard to see Pirog not being able to do the same. 50-50 fight IMO.

Comment

It's one of the best PPV's I've seen in awhile. Apparently Bika vs. Mendy will be shown as well.

I'm a Dmitry Pirog fan, but I think Jacobs will probably win. Pirog is training in Russia during July, and then coming over to the US only about a week before the fight. He should go to the US sooner, at least 2 or (preferably) 3 weeks before the fight, to become better adjusted to the 11 hour time zone change from Russia to Las Vegas.

Pirog often stands in front of his opponent and relies on his speed and excellent natural reflexes as well as his Mayweather-like shoulder rolls. If he's not fully adjusted to the time zone change, his timing may be off a bit and his reflexes won't be as sharp. With an ordinary opponent that wouldn't make much difference, but Jacobs is fast and has power.

Another concern is this is a Golden Boy promotion, and so if it goes the distance, the judges will very likely give the closer rounds to Jacobs. I remember what happened to other fighters like Funeka on Golden Boy cards.

Comment

One of the very few fights I'm really looking foward to. It's a 50/50 fight in my opinion.

Comment

I've never seen Piroq, but his lopsided win over Kofi Jantuah is at least as good as anything Jacobs ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
              It's one of the best PPV's I've seen in awhile. Apparently Bika vs. Mendy will be shown as well.

I'm a Dmitry Pirog fan, but I think Jacobs will probably win. Pirog is training in Russia during July, and then coming over to the US only about a week before the fight. He should go to the US sooner, at least 2 or (preferably) 3 weeks before the fight, to become better adjusted to the 11 hour time zone change from Russia to Las Vegas.

Pirog often stands in front of his opponent and relies on his speed and excellent natural reflexes as well as his Mayweather-like shoulder rolls. If he's not fully adjusted to the time zone change, his timing may be off a bit and his reflexes won't be as sharp. With an ordinary opponent that wouldn't make much difference, but Jacobs is fast and has power.

Another concern is this is a Golden Boy promotion, and so if it goes the distance, the judges will very likely give the closer rounds to Jacobs. I remember what happened to other fighters like Funeka on Golden Boy cards.
              Good points. I hope the judges don't fuck it up if the fight goes the distance. I've been watching a few Pirog fights and the kid has skill.

What makes this fight and the other undercard fights so interesting is that the bouts are toss-ups. Either man can win. It's a stark change from the norm in undercard bouts, which are pretty much always total mismatches.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X