Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What strategies do you think Pacquiao/Cotto will use to win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What strategies do you think Pacquiao/Cotto will use to win?

This should be an interesting fight that can go either way because I think it'll be hard to tell what strategies they're likely to use. What do you guys think? What strategies will Pacquiao and Cotto will use to win? Who will be the boxer/puncher? Will they go to war? etc...

Pacquiao- Foot work, Circles, and SPEED!!..

Cotto- Jab, Power, and TIMING!!.

Pacquiao will take the early rounds IMO..by being more cautious..he'll try and get in and out quickly..maybe flurry a bit here and there making Cotto look a lil slow..but Cotto is NOT SLOW!!..that's where Cotto will probably begin to overpower Pacquiao with a crisp solid jab and some early work to the body and slow Pac down a bit..then he'll begin his wrath!..he'll start with some 2-3 hit combos and start upping his pace around the 4th or 5th..and start putting up the pressure leading with the JAB which will be KEY..then the timing will look obvious where it'll neutralize Pac's speed and he'll be getting countered..I got Cotto by 9th round TKO..the punishment will be too much for Roach to bear..and will stop the fight Ala' Peņalosa..

Pacquiao has the tools to also stop Cotto..but I think his lack of quality in opposition while moving up in weight will be his downfall when put in front of a young strong lion like Cotto..but it truly is a pick em fight when you compare the more recent fights and see their results..

Comment

Originally posted by .::WaRCoTTo::. View Post
      Pacquiao- Foot work, Circles, and SPEED!!..

Cotto- Jab, Power, and TIMING!!.

Pacquiao will take the early rounds IMO..by being more cautious..he'll try and get in and out quickly..maybe flurry a bit here and there making Cotto look a lil slow..but Cotto is NOT SLOW!!..that's where Cotto will probably begin to overpower Pacquiao with a crisp solid jab and some early work to the body and slow Pac down a bit..then he'll begin his wrath!..he'll start with some 2-3 hit combos and start upping his pace around the 4th or 5th..and start putting up the pressure leading with the JAB which will be KEY..then the timing will look obvious where it'll neutralize Pac's speed and he'll be getting countered..I got Cotto by 9th round TKO..the punishment will be too much for Roach to bear..and will stop the fight Ala' Peņalosa..

Pacquiao has the tools to also stop Cotto..but I think his lack of quality in opposition while moving up in weight will be his downfall when put in front of a young strong lion like Cotto..but it truly is a pick em fight when you compare the more recent fights and see their results..
      That sounds about right... It also sounds like the Margarito/Cotto fight!

Comment

Originally posted by OffDaChainChico View Post
        That sounds about right... It also sounds like the Margarito/Cotto fight!
        Lol..now that you mention it and I re-read my post..it does look like the Margarito-Cotto fight..except Cotto will be on the opposite side of the pressure..

good call!..

Comment

1) Pacquiao doesn't want to stay in front of Cotto too much, he's gonna move in and out. His 1-1-2 and his 1-2 plus right hook/slipping are gonna be his weapons. He ain't gonna punch Cotto to the body at all and will aim the head. Pacquiao's rythm will be the same from the beginning to the end and will try to force Cotto to follow this rythm all night long.

2)Cotto will use a peek a boo defense, establish a powerful left jab to earn Pacquiao's respect and work on the double left hook body/head and the right cross. Cotto will use first his timing with the jab to aim the target and then start to apply physical pressure and body combos.

Comment

This should be an interesting fight that can go either way because I think it'll be hard to tell what strategies they're likely to use. What do you guys think? What strategies will Pacquiao and Cotto will use to win? Who will be the boxer/puncher? Will they go to war? etc...
            pac's overall strategy will be to potshot cotto early while using his mobility to force cotto to chase pac. if cotto doesn't chase, then pac will simply outspeed and use southpaw angles to hit and run. then around the 5th round (when cotto gets tired) pac will turn up the volume punching and either keep cotto in a defensive shell, outworking cotto or stop cotto late either by tKO or force cotto to quit again.

cotto's strategy should be: don't chase pac and waste energy. he needs to channel jmm. never back up. punches in buncheswhen pac punches. cut off the ring and force pac into the ropes or corners. throw hard jabs that will move pac to where cotto wants to. cotto has to concentrate on the body early to slow pac down. later in the fight cotto needs to throw almost exclusively right hands to the head. I highly recommend cotto bring in valero for sparring.

Comment

pac's overall strategy will be to potshot cotto early while using his mobility to force cotto to chase pac. if cotto doesn't chase, then pac will simply outspeed and use southpaw angles to hit and run. then around the 5th round (when cotto gets tired) pac will turn up the volume punching and either keep cotto in a defensive shell, outworking cotto or stop cotto late either by tKO or force cotto to quit again.

cotto's strategy should be: don't chase pac and waste energy. he needs to channel jmm. never back up. punches in buncheswhen pac punches. cut off the ring and force pac into the ropes or corners. throw hard jabs that will move pac to where cotto wants to. cotto has to concentrate on the body early to slow pac down. later in the fight cotto needs to throw almost exclusively right hands to the head. I highly recommend cotto bring in valero for sparring.

Comment

Working...
              X