No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Smith PPV Buyrate is Not Expected To Break 300K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    Lol, that were all there to see brook, whereas most of the 50k in Texas was there to see Canelo. I guess all of the boos for GayLoveKin didn't cue that for you.
    The boos weren't for canelo being a little biznitch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
      The boos weren't for canelo being a little biznitch?
      Moron? At the o2 arena, the whole place was filled with boos for the caveman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        This is how far boxing has fallen...

A decade ago 2nd tier stars like floyd, barrera,morales were pulling better numbers..

Floyd vs baldomir drew over 300k in PPv buys...

Canelo,,, the "biggest star" in boxing can't break 300k...

Barrera vs Robbie pedan drew as much as canelo...

Boxing is dead,,,
        It's possible with the age of streaming upon us that we may never see the huge PPV numbers of the past, it is definitely a factor in the lower numbers I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by doninlouisiana View Post
          It's possible with the age of streaming upon us that we may never see the huge PPV numbers of the past, it is definitely a factor in the lower numbers I believe.
          That's a very good point

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
            On one tv...
            They have 97,000 tvs in Kazakhstan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              It's the money grab before they make the GGG fight. They're trying to drain as much money from the public as they can before they make it. Basically what Pac/May did for years until their numbers dropped, then it was time to make the fight
              I can't believe 200-300k people paid $70 dollars for such a **** card/fight. Then they wonder why we keep getting **** fights or dont get the fights we want. Lol idiots.

Comment

• I find it disturbing how Canelo fans are defending their hero with the following phrases....

"He sold 300k against a bum"..... Why is he fighting a guy like Liam Smith? He's boxing star no?

"GGG-Lemiuex ppv sold 97k"..... Who gives a flying ****, if Canelo-GGG best believe the bulk of ppv buys are ordering the fight to see Canelo get demolished.

"51k seats sold in cowboy stadium and 300k ppv buys is good"......considering there are so many Mexicans in the United States it shows even Mexican don't want to buy Canelo's crap ppvs. Only people that buy his ppv are Mexican American posers who are nationalistic morons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Do you think K2 would accept 75/25? If they didn't accept 70/30, can we call it a duck?
                  You can call it what you like, but that ain't the language I prefer to use. To my mind an offer of anything below 20% for GGG is probably GBP lowballing whereas a demand of 40+% is K2 pricing themselves out, but I'm hardly qualified to make that judgement. In fact I'm just pulling those figures outta my ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Actually they do. Word of mouth. Most of my relatives and friends know me as someone who loves boxing. I dedicate my time to this sport more than football, baseball, and even fucking MMA. So yea, if I can influence people to for some cherry pick to get less than five subscriptions or even one then I did my fucking job as a FAN.
                    Keep that mindset, thinking you're more important that the next boxing geek. We're all equal friend, but if you think otherwise good for you.

Comment

• Just goes to show Canelo is not as big of a star as he's made out to be by Oscar and some of his fans.

He's still the biggest star right now but to act like he is at a Floyd/Manny level of stardom already is being delusional.

Gonna have to fight and beat GGG if he wants to be as big as those two all-time greats.

Comment

Working...
                      X