Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Congrats Kovalev, You Took The Easy/Safe Road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll probably get some backlash from my Philly people but look, Hopkins is a bonifide legend and ATG, that's not a arguement. The man has one of the best resume's in the past 20 years. I support him to the fullest, but lets be real for one minute here...

There's absolutely no doubt he possesses a high ring IQ, but at one point age is going to set in. Reality is, reflexes and strength diminish greatly as you get older. He won't longer have enough pop to make young fighters respect him and won't have the reflexes to counter or slip punches.

By people's logic, he'll be able to fight forever because he knows how to handle himself. I'm happy he represents the city and is still schooling young cats and taking O's left and right but he won't be able to do that for the rest of his life.

I just wanna ask, does B.Hop really know when he won't be able to school people anymore? Or will he be like Roy Jones and get KO'd by Russian cheese makers?

Comment

Hopkins biggest CONMAN in the game!

Nard is a complete phony. The Philly Fraud will spin anything to make himself look good. And many stupid people will by into it. He won't get near Kovalev and never intended to. Just a complete fabrication.

Comment

Originally posted by have_not View Post
        ps.
        John david Jackson said a couple a days ago that kovalev will stop Hopkins if the fight happens
        What do you expect John david Jackson to say? That's Kovale's trainer. He's of course going to pick his man to beat Hopkins or anyone else for that mattter.

I would love to see this fight. I can't believe people write him off. Hop has prove us wrong many times before. Hops is still good enough to beat all the fighters out there.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          who thinks a 50 year old poopkins can actually beat kovalev?
          if favor hop. 2 ppl u never bet against, hopkins and floyd.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA everyone knows what REALLY happened. Everythimg said in this article is complete BS, waiting for the usual people to eat this **** up without knowing what really happened

In the words of Kathy duva....

"sergey wants to beat a champ for his belt. Not right for a vacant title"

Hmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              I'll probably get some backlash from my Philly people but look, Hopkins is a bonifide legend and ATG, that's not a arguement. The man has one of the best resume's in the past 20 years. I support him to the fullest, but lets be real for one minute here...

There's absolutely no doubt he possesses a high ring IQ, but at one point age is going to set in. Reality is, reflexes and strength diminish greatly as you get older. He won't longer have enough pop to make young fighters respect him and won't have the reflexes to counter or slip punches.

By people's logic, he'll be able to fight forever because he knows how to handle himself. I'm happy he represents the city and is still schooling young cats and taking O's left and right but he won't be able to do that for the rest of his life.

I just wanna ask, does B.Hop really know when he won't be able to school people anymore? Or will he be like Roy Jones and get KO'd by Russian cheese makers?
              I feel you....I'm just waiting for that day he retire...I'm more nervous than excited whenever he fights now....he really tryna push the envelope...but hey, he wouldn't be who he is today if he didn't have that ultimate self belief

Comment

Originally posted by have_not View Post
                ps.
                John david Jackson said a couple a days ago that kovalev will stop Hopkins if the fight happens
                PS. John David Jackson was TKO by BHop in 1997. Than went on to work in BHop's corner during some of his fights. Also John David Jackson once said Allan Green was themost feared super middle weight , and that Allan would win the super 6 and KO Ward! Just saying. John's prediction means squat. Kovalev is not KO BHop. Might win an ugly decision due to bhops low activity, plus guys bring Pascal hurting BHop. Yes Pascal is a quicker one punch puncher than Kovalev, and also much more athletic. Does not make Pascal a better fighter than Kovalev, but that single attribute he's better than Kovalev. Also BHop is aware of kovalevs power, BHop would just smother his power, and BHop still has excellent foot work, and upper body movement, plus have yet to see if kovalev can fight on the inside. He has not had to as of yet
                Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 08-22-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

A lot of silly quotes in this.

He admits he ducked Cleverly because the fight was offered in the UK, yet he offered to fight Froch in the UK. Which is it B-Hop?

Unless he intends to fight Kovalev, Hopkins shouldn't speak him in this way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    A lot of silly quotes in this.

He admits he ducked Cleverly because the fight was offered in the UK, yet he offered to fight Froch in the UK. Which is it B-Hop?

Unless he intends to fight Kovalev, Hopkins shouldn't speak him in this way.
                    Stupid comparison, Froch is on some guys top 10 P4P list, the consensus number 2 guy @ super middle, plus is well known in the US, plus he's one of the UK's biggest boxing stars.Froch has the resume, and leverage, plus he's proven and earned the right to dictate terms and negotiate. BHop knows this when considering to fight froch. So I would assume the $$ would be a lot better vs Froch than cleverly. Plus like BHop said which is a fact, who is cleverly and who has he beaten to demand BHop fight in the UK?? I think that's a fair question
                    Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post

"Resume's" sure isn't plural of "resume".

If you meant Denis Lebedev, then that's a dumb thing to say. That guy would destroy you. What would that make you? A Russian cheese maker's punching bag? Show some respect.

I'd guess Bernard does do some things that would let him know when he no longer can do it at the elite level. Maybe he'd find out one day in sparring...

Being a fan, part of me doesn't want to see him face Kovalev. The guy seems pretty good. It sure would be interesting, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X