Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head hurts after sparring..... is it serious?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *2TOUGH* View Post
    stop acting like a tough guy... you pubescent prick :wt:
    suck **** **** and stay out of this section

everyone gets on in here

Comment

here is a link that is worth a read through, to just about anyone ever experiencing headaches from receiving blows to the head. the highlighted green is an in depth wikipedia article, so a lot of info. the signs and symptoms is something any and all of us who climb through the ropes should be familiar with.

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/vi...injury#p715382

There was a fella on rosstraining, who came on there fairly new to boxing, sparring, asking about headaches. Was a different post then linked, but he ended up finding out later his headaches were the result of a brain lesion suffered from a sparring session, and recurring, worsening headaches. he was fortunate enough to get it operated on in time, I spoke with him personally. if he didn't get some decent info, and checked out properly, it likely would have cost him his life. So yea, don't **** around with headaches.

Comment

That was useful info, thanks

Comment

Probably slight dehydration. Also check to see if your headgear is too tight. That'll do it big-time.

Finally, if you smoke cigarrettes or weed, try not to do it close to training, before or after. I've experimented and found out that most of my sparring headaches are from smoking and not from getting hit.

Comment

Working...
          X