Rigondeaux + Roger Mayweather= EPIC!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horus View Post
    Where did I backtrack?
    What I did was replied to a comment that suggested that since rigondeaux is a southpaw, he can not do some of the things Mayweather does...

Which is incorrect.
    When I first post my comment, I wrote it out of excitement more than anything.

But let's be real here, Why else would rigondeaux hire Roger Mayweather?
    if he didnt want to learn some of Floyd Mayweathers style and tricks????

It is the same reason Oscar hire Mayweather sr.
    The same reason Alot of fighters hire trainers of successful fighters.
    they want to learn some of the things that made other fights successful.

Right or wrong?

Since Amir Khan hire Freddie Roach, who does his style look alot similar too?

cut the bull**** my dude, and stop looking for reason to preach to somebody who doesnt need preching too.
    i personally think he left roach cuz he didn't feel comfortable with his (eddie futch's) style...

i said it on another post but roach said it's difficult to try to get him to press a little when his opponent is hurt, or afraid of his power...

then...imo, this is what ****ed it up for roach lol...he said he could turn rigondeaux into a gamboa type of fighter, who rigondeaux beat twice so lol

thats just my opinion on why i think he left...some guys have better chemistry with other trainers, simple as that....things didnt work out with roach so he went to roger...

roger got mayweather to open up more with his offense too...floyd sr was the one who taught JR all his defense and the shoulder roll...so maybe rigo wants to see if rogers offense will flow with his...

Comment

Where did I backtrack?
      What I did was replied to a comment that suggested that since rigondeaux is a southpaw, he can not do some of the things Mayweather does...

Which is incorrect.
      When I first post my comment, I wrote it out of excitement more than anything.

But let's be real here, Why else would rigondeaux hire Roger Mayweather?
      if he didnt want to learn some of Floyd Mayweathers style and tricks????

It is the same reason Oscar hire Mayweather sr.
      The same reason Alot of fighters hire trainers of successful fighters.
      they want to learn some of the things that made other fights successful.

Right or wrong?

Since Amir Khan hire Freddie Roach, who does his style look alot similar too?

cut the bull**** my dude, and stop looking for reason to preach to somebody who doesnt need preching too.
      yep, expect rigondeaux to throw a lead right hand like floyd, even though he's a southpaw, since there's video footage of him hitting the pads with roger.

if there was such a dramatic shift in his camp. i think we'd read about it by now. gimme a link that shows that he officially HIRED roger.

fact is, benavidez and rigondeaux have fights on the same night. we have video footage of guillermo working with roger. there's no proof that he is working with roger for the long term.

also, what other name fighters have employed roger's services?

who's style does amir's style resemble? i dunno, but it aint manny's. roach has him fighting more like a boxer/mover to protect that chin and keep him out of exchanges. freddie adapts to his fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA PRIME View Post
        will they be able to understand each other though.....
        thats the question im asking myself...

if you look at the video, roger keeps telling him to keep his right foot on the outside (from a southpaw stance) but....

rigondeaux is such a great counter puncher that he seems a little more comfortable keeping that foot on the inside...

if it was any other fighter i think roger would of cursed him out or got really frustrated though.....but its rigondeaux lol

Comment

Originally posted by The.Eyetalian View Post
          Who besides jr has Roger trained to make you guys believe he's some type of "legendary" trainer?..
          he isnt lol...he isn't in the same class as a roach, richardson, or steward...

he got floyd to open up more (in the lower weights), yeah, but what makes floyd great...his defense - its the best

and floyd sr taught him that so...

maybe rigo wanted to see if rogers offense will flow better than roach's being that roach likes to train pressure fighters...

Comment

Originally posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
            thats the question im asking myself...

if you look at the video, roger keeps telling him to keep his right foot on the outside (from a southpaw stance) but....

rigondeaux is such a great counter puncher that he seems a little more comfortable keeping that foot on the inside...

if it was any other fighter i think roger would of cursed him out or got really frustrated though.....but its rigondeaux lol
            can u post the video...

Comment

OT: but joe goossen is so underutilized as a trainer.
              IMO, he'd be the perfect guy for guillermo.
              he's a great communicator, teaches solid fundamentals, speaks fluent spanish and is a great corner man.

rigondeaux's arsenal and style are similar to casamayor's. he has an array of punches but he doesnt use them all. its mostly southpaw jab, left cross or left cross to the body.
              IMO, goossen would get the most out of guillermo.

Comment

can u post the video...
                yeah no doubt man...

i think this is how u do it, hold up...

Comment

Originally posted by fireman_ek50 View Post
                  yeah no doubt man...

i think this is how u do it, hold up...

thanks my dude

Comment

thanks my dude
                    It's hard to take anything from that video, but he definitely didn't look comfortable there.

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
                      It's hard to take anything from that video, but he definitely didn't look comfortable there.
                      well i mean its a new trainer, he could get comfortable, who knows...

but if your having trouble knowing where to plant your foot, cuz u want it on the inside and the trainer wants in on the outside lol....it might not work, time will tell

Comment

Working...
                      X