No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto To Start Selection Process Very Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Because Cotto has a thing for vacant titles.
    But I don't think there's a vacant title. Pirog probably won't be stripped because he didn't fight Golovkin. And extra time to make a mandatory defense is usually given in the case of an injury.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      But I don't think there's a vacant title. Pirog probably won't be stripped because he didn't fight Golovkin. And extra time to make a mandatory defense is usually given in the case of an injury.
      Forgot about that. Maybe he's styaing stripped, which would really suck for him. I don't know.

All I know is Pirog, Geale-Sturm winner, Golovkin-Proksa winner are better fights than N'Jikam. N'Jikam is a solid MW and would be a solid win, and is in the Top 10, but the other 3 fights would mean more for Cotto.

Comment

Mayweather comes out on Friday and Cotto announces hes beginning hes search for his next opponent.... coincidence? I think not. Who else is either guy going to fight in the next 3 to 4 months that brings in the mass amount of money they made together? The only other guys are pacman and canelo and it seems as if there both scheduled for fights.

Mayweather vs Cotto 2 is going to happen for sure

Comment

Originally posted by spidey17 View Post
          Mayweather comes out on Friday and Cotto announces hes beginning hes search for his next opponent.... coincidence? I think not. Who else is either guy going to fight in the next 3 to 4 months that brings in the mass amount of money they made together? The only other guys are pacman and canelo and it seems as if there both scheduled for fights.

Mayweather vs Cotto 2 is going to happen for sure
          I hope not. No need to it right now, Mayweather clearly beat him handily last May. The only way I want to see that rematch is if Cotto were to beat an Alvarez or Martinez or something like that.

Comment

Lol @ the vacant belt excuse since 2004.Cotto's had a long career with a boat load of marquee names on his resume,some of whom are still champions today and some still making a good run so that's irrelevant to say,and he's only lost twice in his career to HOF'ers and the 2 current pound for pound champions.The only fight i'm interested for the moment is Cinnabully buns in Dec.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              I hope not. No need to it right now, Mayweather clearly beat him handily last May. The only way I want to see that rematch is if Cotto were to beat an Alvarez or Martinez or something like that.
              I agree with you man.... its just that there is no other fighters I can think of that will provide either guy the economic benefits they enjoyed in there first fight. I think when Mayweather comes out his team will quickly engage in discussion with Cotto's team in order to make the fight before Cotto commits to a Canelo fight. If Mayweather is fighting this year and wants to make big money again he will have to start discussions with Cotto before Cotto's team talk with Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
                Lol @ the vacant belt excuse since 2004.Cotto's had a long career with a boat load of marquee names on his resume,some of whom are still champions today and some still making a good run so that's irrelevant to say,and he's only lost twice in his career to HOF'ers and the 2 current pound for pound champions.The only fight i'm interested for the moment is Cinnabully buns in Dec.
                Like who exactly? Malignaggi?

FYI he has 3 losses. He avenged one though.

Canelo is not going to fight Cotto at MSG. You can bet on that.

Comment

Ca-ne-lo! Ca-ne-lo!

Comment

You people need to quit fooling yourselves. It's not going to be Canelo at MSG.

Comment

Alvarez is the only fight that makes sense

Comment

Working...
                      X