No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr "HBO Treat A Fighter Like A Ho!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Jr "HBO Treat A Fighter Like A Ho!"

Floyd Mayweather in the recent 30 Days in May documentary (about 40 minutes in). This was recorded shortly before Mayweather left HBO for Showtime.

"HBO, I'm with them but they play.. they wreckless, they foul. They let Larry Merchant get in there, he don't ask nobody else questions like that. He trying to ask me questions like... (pauses) But I'm just saying - I been loyal to you all for 16 years and this is what I get.

This straight how mother****ers is. I'm going to be honest, they look at you like a ho. Once you ain't got the sexy looks no more, to where the pimps can't make the big, big money off you - - b!tch get up out of here, on to the next one."

1:25

* Courtesy of Showtime Sports
    Yes - HBO treat a fighter like a ho
    34.62%
    No - HBO treat fighters fairly
    57.69%
    Undecided / Unsure
    7.69%
    Last edited by FlatLine; 04-13-2013, 04:01 AM.

Did he really bring up Larry Merchant again? I though Floyd apologized to him for going all WorldstarHipHop on him. HBO was able to help him make as much money as he's made thus far, so I'm not sure what he's crying about. Does Larry really bother him that much?

Comment

I'm surprised HBO didn't drop him sooner like after the racist ustream video or after the Baldomir fight

Comment

I thought all the HBO guys are in Showtime now?

Comment

Er what?

They paid this cat a kings ransom for his cherry picks for years, and he's butthurt that they DARED to question him on a couple of things?

what a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
            Er what?

They paid this cat a kings ransom for his cherry picks for years, and he's butthurt that they DARED to question him on a couple of things?

what a fool.
            when was the last time hbo paid mayweather???floyd is a ppv fighter. has been for almost the last 10 years. all that money he made was because of who he was, not because of hbo. sure they may have paid him a few mil early in his career. but lets not act like he didnt bring them millions and millions of dollars.

Comment

and what he said is true, but its true for all sports and almost all athletes. if he cant overcome that, thats on him. because there are athletes who have. athletes who became bigger than the sport. granted, itsa few like jordan and magic etc. but at the end of the day, floyd has made more than enough money. hbo treats u like a ho? the boxing world treats u like a ho? get bigger, transcend the sport and stop crying.

Comment

I've never worked for HBO as a fighter so I have no clue. Good to see the wealth of experience people here have though.

Comment

Floyds problems with HBO has always been about selection of opponents. HBO wanted more competitive fights for the money they were paying.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Floyds problems with HBO has always been about selection of opponents. HBO wanted more competitive fights for the money they were paying.
                    and once again, when was the last time hbo paid for a mayweather fight? why do ppl keep saying this? do u guys understand the ppv system?

Comment

Working...
                    X