Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best pre-workout drink you've had?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Also, I'm not sure on your situation but have you ever looked into working out first thing in the morning? I have found that to be best (for me).
    You're refreshed after a night’s sleep and it's nice to have it out of the way in the first part of your day. Plus you head to work wide awake and like me, ready to go.

Some people are just not a morning person and I understand that but man once you get into a routine, I find the morning time to work out perfect. But again that's just me and everyone's different and on different schedules etc.
    I added the 10 minute trainer to my morning routine.

But seriously.. I am NOT a morning person.... I am actually the most awake at around 9pm surprisingly.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Thats a bit over the top lol.... i just use water..
      Tell me about it..... I was telling them, “what, you don't lick salt and snort a line a coke before chugging that”?

I mean really, the amount of caffeine, b12, electrolytes, sugar and other random **** they get in that concoction is crazy. Then again a lot of them dudes are really crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        i just have 4 peanut butter sandwhichs
        No jelly? I heard that is against the law in some states.....

Comment

Also, I'm not sure on your situation but have you ever looked into working out first thing in the morning? I have found that to be best (for me).
          You're refreshed after a night’s sleep and it's nice to have it out of the way in the first part of your day. Plus you head to work wide awake and like me, ready to go.

Some people are just not a morning person and I understand that but man once you get into a routine, I find the morning time to work out perfect. But again that's just me and everyone's different and on different schedules etc.
          I read about that last week, started doing this week. Something about burning more fat/calories or something.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I read about that last week, started doing this week. Something about burning more fat/calories or something.
            It's more about being fully rested plus it gets your metabolism jump started which helps you burn fat etc.

It's a lot better than waiting until the end of the day IMO. At least for me I’m ready to go in the morning, before, during and after my workout. By the end of the day, I just want to eat dinner and relax from work. Sometimes when I’m doing two-a-days I will do it mid afternoon because I just hate waiting until the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              I mix two scoops of jack3d with 2oz of water... its basically like a shot.

Its nothing more than a concentrated redbull.

Just gives you energy and I dont want to hear about the "just eat the right foods" bull****. Sure, that helps... but sit at a desk for 8 hours and go home and see how much energy you have at 7pm at night with your chicken and veggies dinner.

It's completely normal to have down days... I'm 29 and in good shape... I get tired man, I work all day... I get home, Im tired. Quick shot of jack3d and in half an hour I literally cant wait to workout.

It works, period.
              Thanks to Reed and Wess and the rest of the guys who gave their takes.

I don't get the beef against pre workout drinks, protein shakes and other supplements from some guys. If you don't like it move on, don't comment on it. This is not a religion thread, nobody is trying to force anyone to think the way they do, or change their views on something. Everything is an argument in this forum, just move on and don't say anything. I asked what is the best pre work out drink, and some dudes coming in here saying how they drink water and tomato, who cares. That was not the topic lol.

Comment

Thanks to Reed and Wess and the rest of the guys who gave their takes.

I don't get the beef against pre workout drinks, protein shakes and other supplements from some guys. If you don't like it move on, don't comment on it. This is not a religion thread, nobody is trying to force anyone to think the way they do, or change their views on something. Everything is an argument in this forum, just move on and don't say anything. I asked what is the best pre work out drink, and some dudes coming in here saying how they drink water and tomato, who cares. That was not the topic lol.
                Funny thing is like in one of the posts above, dude said he doesn’t take supplements but drinks Powerade. lol that is just funny as that Powerade has about as much sugar in it as a lot of them pre-workout drinks. It’s like talking **** to someone because they smoke weed while you hit on your cigarette.

Anyway unless you're severally dehydrated you shouldn’t drink Powerade or Gatorade if all you are looking to get out of it is electrolytes. There are plenty of other options that are better for you and have less sugar.

Some people don't even know what they're taking but think because it's legal or that it's not labeled as a pre-workout stimulant that it's OK and all that other stuff is bad for you because of the caffeine etc...

Comment

It's more about being fully rested plus it gets your metabolism jump started which helps you burn fat etc.

It's a lot better than waiting until the end of the day IMO. At least for me I’m ready to go in the morning, before, during and after my workout. By the end of the day, I just want to eat dinner and relax from work. Sometimes when I’m doing two-a-days I will do it mid afternoon because I just hate waiting until the end of the day.
                  I'm a beginner so i'm just learning about all this stuff.

What is your take on taking a weight gainer [to help with calorie consumption] and a whey protein? I'm trying to burn the fat off my belly, which I know takes cardio and good diet. The weight gainer will not interfere with burning the fat off right? I have Weider Mega Mass 2000, it brings 530 calories per serving.

And is it okay to take two scoops of whey protein? Like ON gold standard? Caus eI read some stuff about, if you take 48 grams of protein, instead of just one scoop of 24grams, that your body will not take all 48 grams or something like that.

Comment

I'm a beginner so i'm just learning about all this stuff.

What is your take on taking a weight gainer [to help with calorie consumption] and a whey protein? I'm trying to burn the fat off my belly, which I know takes cardio and good diet. The weight gainer will not interfere with burning the fat off right? I have Weider Mega Mass 2000, it brings 530 calories per serving.

And is it okay to take two scoops of whey protein? Like ON gold standard? Caus eI read some stuff about, if you take 48 grams of protein, instead of just one scoop of 24grams, that your body will not take all 48 grams or something like that.
                    Weight gainer isn't bad. The major thing you need to remember is diet. What you actually eat and WHEN you actually eat. Weight gainer is good for building mass and you can build that mass while burning the fat off.

It's not bad to take 2 scoops or more than 24 grams. The worst thing that it will do is just be expensive for you. Depending on your body weight, you may or may not be able to consume 48 grams. But it's not bad for you if you took more than your body can digest as it will just go to waste like everything else your body doesn't use.

The main thing is just making sure the protein is high quality and doesn’t have a bunch of fillers or sugars. Your eating habits is what will really cut the belly fat. You could almost stop doing cardio and hold a strict diet and you would lose weight. Detoxing and cleansing your body is a huge thing too.

I live in the gym and my wife and I are huge into supplements/dieting/training etc. If you ever have questions just hit me up about it anytime.

Comment

I can see from your picture, you're both in good shape.

Yeah man, I just started. I'm just trying to get the hang of this dieting thing. From what I understand, you can do 1,000 sit-ups/crunches/ab work out a day and never get that 6-pack if you don't burn that fat off. You can lift all the weight you want, but if you're not eating right, results will come in slow for you. I'm trying get my dieting together, because i've had a terrible diet for years and years. The thing is i'm lean anyway, I do not take nearly enough calories to see good results. I workout in my bedroom, I have a weight bench to bench press, curl bar, long bar, bunch of dumbbells, like 180lbs of weights to bench press[two 45lbs, two 25lbs, two 10s, four 5lbs. I've been working out for 3 weeks. So far i've noticed minimal results, but I do notice my bicep muscle being more noticeable and definitely getting rid of my puffy nipples. But I know I can see better results if I had a better diet. I do need some tips. I'm VERY active right now. I'm really trying to gain muscle.

Comment

Working...
                      X