Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher in the ATG list Roy Jones or James Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ranks higher in the ATG list Roy Jones or James Toney?

what do you guys think?

im like in the middle

coz on the other hand i feel like james toney took on better chalenges in a way than roy

but roy obliterated him

so like.. yeaaa
    James Toney
    11.11%
    Roy Jones Jr.
    88.89%

Hmmm, yeah, it's a good question but I think Toney's lack of discipline and losing some fights he never should have lost, as well as losing to Jones, stops him from placing higher for me. Even if he had lost to Jones but won all those other fights he lost he would place higher in my opinion.

He took on much better fighters and challenges over the course of his career, did everything Jones did, but just screwed some things up along the way which hurts his placing.

Comment

They about even, but I give RJJ the slight edge.

Comment

Probably Toney, if he'd stayed in shape... But on over all achievement, I'd say Jones takes it.. Jones also deserves credit for being the more active of the 2.. Especially during recent years...

Anyone know if Toney's gonna fight again?
        Last edited by mickey malone; 09-30-2009, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Got to go with RJJ but would have liked to go with Toney really but it's his fault that I can't .
          Funny era in many ways, I think the great athletes are winning over the great boxers if you know what I mean.

Comment

I don't think it's that close, Roy was a monster for about 10 years, no question the best p4p fighter in the world. During that reign at the top, he embarrassed Toney. Full credit to what Toney has accomplished despite his lack of discipline, but Roy is better.

Comment

Originally posted by illmatickid View Post
              what do you guys think?

im like in the middle

coz on the other hand i feel like james toney took on better chalenges in a way than roy

but roy obliterated him

so like.. yeaaa
              Your in the middle your kidding me? roy jones done more than toney and was the over all better fighter and beat his ass when they met. I rate roy in my top ten all time list of fighters, they didnt call him mr pound for pound for nothing the guy was a modern day ray robinson

Comment

Definitely Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Roy Jones never wasted a great portion of his career like Toney.I don't see how it's close in terms of what the two accomplished.

I look at Jones as having the greater resume,the great accomplishments and the greater performances.

Toney never got knocked out twice in a row but Roy Jones never lost to Drake Thadzi either.

Comment

Toney took far greater risks than Jones, but Jones did beat him, and Jones was a great fighter too, so it probably has to be given to Jones.

I would rank both in the top 60 of all time, With James probably in the mid to late 50's, and Jones in the late 40's.

Comment

Working...
                    X