No announcement yet.

If Floyd were to ever get knocked out how would it compare to RJJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Floyd were to ever get knocked out how would it compare to RJJ

Roy Jones KO loss was when he was 35 and a lot of that has to due with his reflexes weren't as up to par. Floyd is around that age and I am not sure how well his reflexes are. He still has amazing D, but I don't think he is looked at as such a dominant force as Jones was. So I am wondering if he were to get knocked out would we hear a "Oh Meh Gawwwwd" or would he hear he was just overrated and it isn't that big of a deal?

BTW this has nothing to do with Cotto, I don't think Cotto can win more then 3 rounds let alone get a KO.
    Oh Meh Gawwwd!!!
    76.74%
    Pfft it was bound to happen..
    23.26%

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Roy Jones KO loss was when he was 35 and a lot of that has to due with his reflexes weren't as up to par. Floyd is around that age and I am not sure how well his reflexes are. He still has amazing D, but I don't think he is looked at as such a dominant force as Jones was. So I am wondering if he were to get knocked out would we hear a "Oh Meh Gawwwwd" or would he hear he was just overrated and it isn't that big of a deal?

BTW this has nothing to do with Cotto, I don't think Cotto can win more then 3 rounds let alone get a KO.
    I don't think he'll ever get ko'd I think he'll just get out worked and beat on day by someone younger hungrier and faster kinda like he'll just be fighting to survive

Comment

wouldn't be surprised tbh.....

Comment

It hurt my soul when roy got dropped so now I can handle seeing Floyd getting blitz. I wont like it though.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          I don't think he'll ever get ko'd I think he'll just get out worked and beat on day by someone younger hungrier and faster kinda like he'll just be fighting to survive
          I'm sure people were thinking the same thing about Roy. Tarver isn't going to knock him out he is just going to outwork him.

Comment

a whole nation will nut when that day comes...

Comment

Roy jones had a more fan frindly style and seems like a great person in real life.
              I truly feelt sad when he got knocked down ,

Floyd is a great fighter no doubt BUT there is somthing very snake like about him.
              He comes across as somone with f....up morales that likes to play everyone.

If he gets knocked down I wont fell pity

Comment

Alot of people here would cry.

Comment

I'd be really surprised rjj was always a ko waiting to happen he relied on his reflexes once they weren't what they once were he couldn't afford to keep his hands down

Comment

He has better fundamentals/defence than Roy.

But I do think if he ever loses, he'll get KTFO by something wild.

Comment

Working...
                    X