Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trilogies? Do they help or hurt fighters careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    He had that heart problem, hepatitis problem etc., he was still one of the top guys in the division after that and pulled off a big upset against Tyson.
    Yeah, thats true, but that was his last GREAT victory.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
      Yeah, thats true, but that was his last GREAT victory.
      Holyfield has been going downhill since the Lewis fights, sad to see.

Comment

Roberto Duran had his biggest win (Ray Leonard I) after his trilogy with Esteban Dejesus. Duran also had big wins over Carlos Palomino, Davey Moore, and Iran Barkley. Dejesus was never the same, although it wasn't just the Duran fights (drug abuse) that played a role in that.

Some of Izzy Vazquez's most notable wins (Jhonny Gonzalez, Rafael Marquez II and III) were after his trilogy with Oscar Larios.

Sometimes the damage taken in trilogies, in addition with age, make a fighter deteroriate quicker or even "ruin" them more or less, but it's not always the case.

Comment

But erik was never the same after his two trilogies With Pac-man and MAB.
          I think it's pretty expected that Morales would decline, given the tough fights he's been in. The Barrera fights, Chi, Pacquiao, Chavez, etc....He's yo-yo'd with his weight too. He was probably already declining by the Pacquiao fights anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
            I think it's pretty expected that Morales would decline, given the tough fights he's been in. The Barrera fights, Chi, Pacquiao, Chavez, etc....He's yo-yo'd with his weight too. He was probably already declining by the Pacquiao fights anyway.
            Erik had great wins even the one win over Pac-Man and MAB but after those two trilogies he fell off.

Comment

i am DROOLING for a taylor/spinks trilogy.

that first fight wet my penis hole and anus. and it was VERY close, a rematch is NEEDED.

i cant imagine how the 2nd and/or 3rd fights would go.

World War 3.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
                i am DROOLING for a taylor/spinks trilogy.

that first fight wet my penis hole and anus. and it was VERY close, a rematch is NEEDED.

i cant imagine how the 2nd and/or 3rd fights would go.

World War 3.
                Lol! man you are sick!!!!!!!! Lol!

Comment

How many trilogies have Ali had?

Comment

2, Norton and Frazier.

Comment

One of the first trilogy fights happend between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frasier. In my opinon neither fighter was the same after their trilogy. Erick Morales and Marco Antonio Barrera neither fighter was the same after their trilogy. Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe, Arterio Gatti and Mickey Ward the same outcome as the fights listed above "Neither fighter was the same after the trilogy"
                      What happends after the third fight? Can you name a fighter who has had a successful career after a trilogy?

Side question: Would a trilogy be good between Pacquaio and Juan Manuel Marquez, Cotto and Margarito?
                      trilogies are good but I just don't like them back to back.

Comment

Working...
                      X