Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A REASON (an aspect of) TO HATE BOXING TODAY...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A REASON (an aspect of) TO HATE BOXING TODAY...

"All parties were informed?" All parties were informed...and they STILL have no idea what is going on!!

THIS illustrates EXACTLY why I hate what these people do. The people who run boxing usually are not the ones who love boxing and this is a prime example of it. No person who loves boxing would destroy the world championships like this.

Eubank will be allowed one more defense (to have a fight) but then be stripped for...not fighting??!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

WBA clarifies double interim title situation
    The winner of Saturday’s bout in Venezuela between Alfonso Blanco and Sergey Khomisky will be recognized as WBA interim middleweight champion, but not until October 25.

Current WBA interim champion Chris Eubank Jr. will be allowed one more defense before being stripped due to inactivity. The winner of Eubank’s October 24 defense against Tony Jeter will immediately be stripped, with the title going to the Blanco-Khomisky winner who must next defend by February 25, 2016.

All parties were informed of the situation.

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    "All parties were informed?" All parties were informed...and they STILL have no idea what is going on!!

THIS illustrates EXACTLY why I hate what these people do. The people who run boxing usually are not the ones who love boxing and this is a prime example of it. No person who loves boxing would destroy the world championships like this.

Eubank will be allowed one more defense (to have a fight) but then be stripped for...not fighting??!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

The winner of Saturday’s bout in Venezuela between Alfonso Blanco and Sergey Khomisky will be recognized as WBA interim middleweight champion, but not until October 25.

Current WBA interim champion Chris Eubank Jr. will be allowed one more defense before being stripped due to inactivity. The winner of Eubank’s October 24 defense against Tony Jeter will immediately be stripped, with the title going to the Blanco-Khomisky winner who must next defend by February 25, 2016.

That is a reason boxing and the ones in charge make me shake my head and get me pissed. The bosses of the sanctioning bodies have zero love or respect for boxing and are just playing puppet master. Regardless of how much i love boxing, situations like this makes me sour about boxing. Sad thing is, its just getting worse. When you have sanctioning bodies and promoters all playing puppet master it's just almost impossible to fix.

Comment

I don't understand what Eubank is doing here. I understand the alphabet groups. They are trying to make max sanctioning money via any reasoning they gotta use. Anyone who was confused by their motivation way before today hasn't been paying attention to their code of conduct. But why would Eubank pay a sanctioning fee for what is already a bs title & a bs title he'll be stripped of in a couple weeks? Makes no sense. Eubank is just like here take my money please. Unless he's not selling tickets for any other reason than he has a bs title which I don't believe to be true, but maybe I'm out of the loop.

Comment

He is going t be stripped for inactivity after his fight? WTF?

Comment

This is also why being a champion in this era is watered down. Being a champ in this era carries almost no weight compared to the past.

Comment

Ducking for one . Champs like Wilder making title defenses against Journey Men. Fighters hand Picking wash up has beens to make a tile defense. Las Vegas allowing fighters to go home to use Saline to cover up Steroid use. Fighters should not employ their own steroid testers it should be done by Vada. To many Title belts should go back to the day of WBA and WBC. . Champs should be forced to make their mandatory or be stripped. The boxing Organizations should inform Promoters that their fighter must fight this fighter or risk losing title or ranking just because they have different promoters should not be an excuse to not fight each other . Fighters can not win a title on a catch weighs such as 144, 150 or 152. Fighters can not chicken out of a fight because the guy wears puncher gloves if he does he loses by walk over he will lose his purse,be fined and be responsible for paying the other fighters purse but he have chicken **** organazions that won't enforce. Anyone caught using steroids or 750 ML of Saline will have their win overturned to a loss for steroid cheating and be fined 75% of their purse this will weed out steroid cheats

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              But why would Eubank pay a sanctioning fee for what is already a bs title & a bs title he'll be stripped of in a couple weeks? .
              Promoter probably wants to promote the fight as a title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                Ducking for one . Champs like Wilder making title defenses against Journey Men. Fighters hand Picking wash up has beens to make a tile defense. Las Vegas allowing fighters to go home to use Saline to cover up Steroid use. Fighters should not employ their own steroid testers it should be done by Vada. To many Title belts should go back to the day of WBA and WBC. . Champs should be forced to make their mandatory or be stripped. The boxing Organizations should inform Promoters that their fighter must fight this fighter or risk losing title or ranking just because they have different promoters should not be an excuse to not fight each other . Fighters can not win a title on a catch weighs such as 144, 150 or 152. Fighters can not chicken out of a fight because the guy wears puncher gloves if he does he loses by walk over he will lose his purse,be fined and be responsible for paying the other fighters purse but he have chicken **** organazions that won't enforce. Anyone caught using steroids or 750 ML of Saline will have their win overturned to a loss for steroid cheating and be fined 75% of their purse this will weed out steroid cheats

^

This right here

Comment

I've never understood the lack of accountability to boxing's orgs. If I was Golovkin, I'd sue the WBA for diluting the name value of the title that I've been paying sanctioning fee's on. The WBA is failing to enforce the lesser titles from fighting their mandatories like they did with Sturm/Golovkin.

Chudinov should've been required to fight Jacobs right after Jacobs beat Fletcher - end of story. Scratch that - Chudinov/Jacobs should have been for the WBA secondary title.

This is a clear example where a fighter's union would be beneficial to prevent the org from greedily collecting sanctioning fees.

Comment

Politricks....

Comment

Working...
                    X