No announcement yet.

Trainer: A pot shot won't stop Maidana!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    Maidana is the hardest puncher i've seen in person in years (not that i've seen em all) but i try to attend fights when I can. I was in the last row of a loud, sold out fight and I could hear and feel those punches on Lopez. I havent heard shots like that since... Mosley-Mayorga and Mosley-Marg which I got to attend. I wrote about it before the Broner fight - I did feel AB was going to win, but I said if he thought he was just gonna sit there and take the force of those shots on his shoulder, etc he had another thing coming. He looks worse on TV I'll just say that. His power was surprising

as well as his ability to cover distance. And keep in mind, this was in the same ring that people said was padded as to impede Lara's movement in his fight against Angulo. I guess he is stationary at time, but he's not exactly flat footed like people ust casually throw around. Perhaps he will look like he's stuck in mud against Floyd, but as it relates to every one else..hes not flatfooted that's ridiculous
    "Gracias."

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
      One again, the transitive property does not apply in boxing, newfriend. Think critically. Don't just succumb to the herd mentality. You are ignorantly downplaying Maidana. The Devon Alexander fight was simply a bad day at the office. Chino was not motivated. He didn't have a trainer. Also, he was not in shape.

Give the man a break. It was his first fight at 147. I give him credit for testing himself, instead of only taking easy fights like Mayweather does. Chino has since filled out his body to 147. Please do your homework before unleashing your diarrhea-of-the-mouth posts and ****ting up this thread.
      Alexander fight: It was the last fight that we saw where Maidana faced a guy that doen't come face first at you and applies some defense. So it is very important to take the Alexander fight into consideration.

While Maidana has tried to add a few wrinkles into his skills, he still has a leaky defense that can be cracked. So don't come here and say that Maidana now has great defense because he doesn't. Even in the Soto fight, Maidana was in trouble just before Soto, who leaves himself WIDE OPEN, got hit by a Maidana shot and changed the fight around.

PLUS POINTS FOR MAIDANA: What can give Floyd trouble is Maidana's awkward style of throwing his punches and that his punches are all wrong for Floyd's shoulder roll .....
      BUT the difference between Broner and Floyd is night and day because Floyd can move better, way better defense, has experience and is a true WW who has been there since 2005. So this is where you need to go back to the Devon fight. Maidana is effective if he can actually hit his opponent. Well, Devon made sure that Maidana doesn't get close to hitting Devon ..... and I'm sure that if Devon can then Floyd absolutely can.

Trust me. There is nothing more than seeing a cherry pick beat up on Floyd because that would be hilarious but you need to go with the odds. Floyd is the heavy heavy favorite as far as betting goes. So if you really believe in what you say, bet huge on Maidana.

I have been right on all my predictions with opponents who I thought had no chance against Floyd. So I have done my homework. I believe that it's YOU that needs to be more realistic in Maidana's chances. Maidana faced lesser and has shown to have difficulty with certain styles. Enough said!!!
      Last edited by ADP02; 03-03-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

One pot shot doesn't stop anyone. But when you keep getting tagged repeatedly when your trying to get you own punches off, that discourages a lot of fighters. Even tough ones they might keep coming forward still but it makes them think twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
          You can tell a boxing noobie when the thread title says "Trainer" instead of his name..Good post though, Maidana getting outboxed. Don't think he will get stopped
          Why do you have to be a condescending asshole???

No one cares about your 2006 account, biotch.

Comment

Props to TS once again.

Right. On. The. Money.

Mayweather got his ass kicked. I only saw him win 5 rounds, 6 for Chino, one even.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Alexander ain't much of a puncher and he had Maidana hurt multiple times, especially to the body. Doesn't matter though, lets believe that a pot shot won't do it when it's stopped much bigger and stronger men than Maidana from coming forward or maybe Maidana ends up like Hatton.
              Woo buddy you smokin some good shit!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X