Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: No Surprise if Froch Knocks Kessler Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: No Surprise if Froch Knocks Kessler Out!

Andre Ward told Boxing News magazine he thinks Carl Froch can stop Mikkel Kessler in their blockbuster super middleweight rematch at the O2 Arena on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports Box Office in ‘Warriors’ Call’ in association with Betfair.

Ward holds victories over both men but in a bumper preview issue of the weekly boxing bible, available today on the Boxing News app at boxingnewsonline.net/apps, the Oakland native – in London to commentate for HBO – believes that The Cobra has the edge over the Viking Warrior
    [Click Here To Read More]

Same here, I kinda expect it.

Comment

Ward picking the guy with homefield. ...

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Ward picking the guy with homefield. ...

i knew you would not approve of this.

i doubt highly that anybody will stop kessler before he retires. he's got a beard.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if it happened, Kessler's punch resistance seems to have eroded a little bit as he's sliding past his prime, him getting dropped by Green was very surprising.

Comment

Not as surprised as me when you KO'd Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Not as surprised as me when you KO'd Dawson
              LMAO! Yup Yup!

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if it happened, Kessler's punch resistance seems to have eroded a little bit as he's sliding past his prime, him getting dropped by Green was very surprising.

-------------------------------

Agreed Kessler seems on the slide, he's more flat footed, lost a bit of snap in his punch and speed and gets hit more than ever.

I'm a big Kessler fan, guys a warrior to the max but just feel he's on the way down and Froch is fresher and for that reason i don't think he can beat Froch the same way as he did last time.

I said before - to beat Froch he and Jimmy Montoya need to have a great game plan that'll surprise and nulify Froch and throw Froch off his game and out of his rythym.

Comment

Andre Ward is going to be in London for the fight. Looks like he doesn't mind going overseas, so long as he doesn't have to fight there without his shady home referees who permit him to deliberately headbutt.

The Billy Goat Chronicles:

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post

allan green is a very big puncher. bigger than even froch. he's not a very good fighter and he was shopworn, but he's always had a big punch and that's the last thing to go.

i'll go so far as to say that green was the best puncher kessler has ever faced off the opponents with which i'm familiar. maybe he faced some huge euro banger before the andrade fight (first time i saw kessler,) but i tend to doubt it.

Comment

Working...
                    X