Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More boxing tidbits and tragic stories...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More boxing tidbits and tragic stories...

I've read the book, but I had never gotten around to watching the video version of it until now. I feel so sorry for the people in these situations.

Once again, I know this is nothing new to those who have already been versed in history and I had heard about this fighter before, but I had never known how he went downhill. It's sad to know that there are probably more fighters out there struggling through weight, training, fighting, financial issues...only to get shortchanged.

A short look into Tim Witherspoon's fight with Frank Bruno and what happened right after the fight after he got a pathetic check:

Skip to 5:35 of the video...

It's outrageous...

I cant get the video to play bud but here's a quick story about Spoon and King for u....

Mike Tyson was at Kings house when Witherspoon came bursting in shouting his head off going mad at King about money he was owed, Don basically told him to F-off so Tims like "I'll KILL U!" and attempted to lunge for King, he was gonna **** him up for real! Tyson got involved and tried to calm big Tim down, even gave him a few Thousand dollars of his own cash while King stands there shouting "Dont give that Ni**er a ****in Cent!"

Tim left in the end a bit calmer and a bit better of cash wise but Don had really ****ed him over. Mike and Tim were and still are cool with each other and get on well

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      I cant get the video to play bud but here's a quick story about Spoon and King for u....

Mike Tyson was at Kings house when Witherspoon came bursting in shouting his head off going mad at King about money he was owed, Don basically told him to F-off so Tims like "I'll KILL U!" and attempted to lunge for King, he was gonna **** him up for real! Tyson got involved and tried to calm big Tim down, even gave him a few Thousand dollars of his own cash while King stands there shouting "Dont give that Ni**er a ****in Cent!"

Tim left in the end a bit calmer and a bit better of cash wise but Don had really ****ed him over. Mike and Tim were and still are cool with each other and get on well

Thanks for sharing that story. I hadn't heard that one before.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry A View Post
        Thanks for sharing that story. I hadn't heard that one before.
        Neither had i until last year Terry, it came from Tyson and Spoon themselves at a Tyson after dinner speaking doo i was at for my birthday which btw was 1st class and highly recommended! Tho id swerve the auctions - P.R.I.C.E.Y!

Comment

Working...
        X