Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leon: The Professional - Movie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love that movie. very good rewatchability rate.

CRAP THREAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      She was 12 years old, and it was obvious.
      That's what I meant. Perhaps it should've been a even younger child and preferably a boy. That way we can all get rid of that feeling in the back of our head; the one where you're wondering if she might get fuked at some point of the movie by someone. Didn't even have to be Reno.

Comment

The original script did have Portman and Reno bumping uglies.

http://www.thefilmleague.com/2011/04...ipt-to-screen/

Comment

This was the scene that I thought was incredibly strange. It was not shown until a re-release in 2004 or something (that I watched).

Here was the original script:

MATHILDA

Don’t fear, Léon. You mustn’t fear love, when it’s this beautiful.

She caresses his chest.

I want you to be the first to touch me …. The first to make love with me. Nobody before you.

She stands up and modestly gets off her briefs without taking off her dress. Léon cries, unable to oppose her. Mathilda is too young, but she’s also too beautiful and lovely and sweet and tender …. She sweetly, very sweetly, gets on him.

LÉON (crying)

Why me, Mathilda, why me?

Mathilda leans over to speak in his ear.

MATHILDA

… Because you deserve it, Léon ….

Léon embraces her. He’s full of happiness, shame, so many emotions, he can’t control very well. But, hell, how beautiful it is seeing them sweetly making love.
          what the hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis_Lad View Post
            The original script did have Portman and Reno bumping uglies.

http://www.thefilmleague.com/2011/04...ipt-to-screen/
            damn, beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              love that movie. very good rewatchability rate.

CRAP THREAD.
              I actually liked Oldman's character. The quote about Beethoven is great and he really did give off a real crazy vibe.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Did you guys not feel horribly uneasy when 12 year old Natalie Portman talks about having sex with Leon? Or was dancing around in a bra? I mean what the hell? That was weird and extremely perverted on the part of the director.
                to me, it was just luc besson infusing some psychoanalytic cliche in the film by way of oedipus complex (much delayed as it may seem)... some film directors view it as a triumph already just to be able to elicit any reaction (negative or positive) from the audience, and what better way for him than to tap the audience' unconscious to do it...

very stylish film...

Comment

I havent seen it in about a decade, but the part that stuck out to me the most was the girl walking through the hallway, seeing her family murdered, and then desperately trying to get into jean reno's place to save her life, and he was watching her crying through the door hole debating whether to get involved or not.

One of the greatest and most memorable scenes I can recall.

It was like I could feel her fear and desperation, the shock and sadness of her family murdered, and the wolves at her back.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Haven't seen that in years, but I enjoyed it. That ****ing plant man!

Comment

i didnt like it much when ifirst watched it.

but gary oldman was great in this movie

Comment

Working...
                      X