Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to tell of how powerful your punch is compared to a famous pros?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
    That's not always true

Keep in mind that weight is only one of the things that contribute to power. The other major contributor is speed. Someone who weighs twice as much but is half as fast will hit just as hard as someone who is twice as fast but weights half as much
    when it comes to punching power bone density is the most important. when it comes to weight lifting muscle density is important. you could have a small frame with denser bones and hit harder than someone who has big bones but less density(bradley comes to mind with big muscles but the power of a 12 yr old girl). that's why i believe people are born punchers and others are born weight lifters. some have both but very rarely.

Comment

Charlie Zelenoff has 5000psi in his punches,Thers a video of him explaining it on youtube

Comment

Some guy beat Carl Froch on a punching machine on one of the Saturday morning shows. He wasn't a boxer.

I think they're a good way to hurt your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
          Not usually though. Almost every athletic 250lber can deliver more power than your average flyweight.
          Don't think so buddy I've trained fighters and have held focus pads so i know how hard someone is hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by HtotheZ View Post
            That's not always true

Keep in mind that weight is only one of the things that contribute to power. The other major contributor is speed. Someone who weighs twice as much but is half as fast will hit just as hard as someone who is twice as fast but weights half as much
            If that was the case Donaire would hit as hard as Wladimir, but we both know that's absolutely not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Some guy beat Carl Froch on a punching machine on one of the Saturday morning shows. He wasn't a boxer.

I think they're a good way to hurt your hands.
              Was Carl trying? I remember Cotto let an MMA fighter beat him on a punching machine just to entertain him

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
                You're talking about skill not power.
                I'm talking about real world Boxing. But even at a stationary target, there are many 160 pound guys who have more power than a 200 plus pound guy....thats not the rule but more than the exception. But that should go on a different message board since the title suggests comparing power between a famous pro boxer and the man on the street. If thats the case, someone could have Shane Mosley who presses over 210 punch at a target and then the guy on the street could try that same target. It is DOUBTFUL that a man on the street weighing between 135 and 180 could generate as much force as Mosley because it is more than just about body weight, WAY more. Maybe not to the point of a flyweight to a heavyweight but take 10 guys off the street that weigh 180 and Mosley will have greater power in his punch, and that goes without saying. A serious athelete or MMA guy weighing near Mosley would be able to compete with his force but not the man off the street.

Comment

Working...
                X