Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else notice a difference in Judah under Mustafa Muhammad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else notice a difference in Judah under Mustafa Muhammad?

For those who don't know, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad is Chad Dawson's trainer, and one of the best in Brooklyn. Did anyone else notice a difference in Judah in his last fight? I saw a much more concentrated, boxing Judah instead of a lunging 4 round KO machine. He looked ready to go 12 rounds without losing a step. Here's a comparison

First take a look at a Yoel trained Judah (this was the night before Pacquiao-Cotto):

And now a Mustafa Muhammad trained Judah (this was the night before Bradley-Abregu):

Last edited by BoxerDood; 08-09-2010, 10:18 AM.

he looked very sharp...but considering the opponent im not sure

Comment

Zab Judah looked good but he is a front runner,he always looks good for the first 6 rounds but hopefully he can change that and become a world champion again. I really like Zab but he has no mental game.

Comment

Santa Cruz' style played into Judah's hands, we need to see him against a more serious threat IMO.

Comment

It was all Santa Cruz.

Judah is still the same fighter he always was.

Comment

Everything worked for Zab in that fight. His problems surface when faced with some adversity. With that being said, I think Zab's entire mentality has changed for the better. He's grown up and he seems to want to treat his career like a professional instead of a way to gain quick fame and buy flashy things. He seems to be fighting with a greater purpose.

Comment

He did look more focused, didnt he? I never felt his father was a good trainer. wonderful advice that guy gave.
              Muhammed was a good light heavyweight in stacked division back in the days, he actually knows his stuff unlike Zab's father.

Zab might have a lot of flaws, but his left upprcut is something else, aint it?

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                He did look more focused, didnt he? I never felt his father was a good trainer. wonderful advice that guy gave.
                Muhammed was a good light heavyweight in stacked division back in the days, he actually knows his stuff unlike Zab's father.

Zab might have a lot of flaws, but his left upprcut is something else, aint it?
                zab's father acts like a 15 year old hotheaded kid in the corner during fights. the corner was never a calming focused place for zab.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                  For those who don't know, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad is Chad Dawson's trainer, and one of the best in Brooklyn. Did anyone else notice a difference in Judah in his last fight? I saw a much more concentrated, boxing Judah instead of a lunging 4 round KO machine. He looked ready to go 12 rounds without losing a step. Here's a comparison

First take a look at a Yoel trained Judah (this was the night before Pacquiao-Cotto):

And now a Mustafa Muhammad trained Judah (this was the night before Bradley-Abregu):

I will always be a fan of Judah's but he's fooled me too many times. In the end he has a hard time focusing for 12 rounds it doesn't matter. When things don't go his way (better competition) his focus seems to wear off.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                    zab's father acts like a 15 year old hotheaded kid in the corner during fights. the corner was never a calming focused place for zab.
                    Exactly. That's certainly not gonna help a fighter who has trouble focusing.

Comment

Working...
                    X