No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa - DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuriorkis Gamboa - DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

I have watched his fights and I have seen his most recent against Mtagwa. I am not convienced. I believe he is a very good fighter with exception talents but I think his bad habits will be exposed when he fights a technically sound fighter with a decent jab. His lack of reach and descipline will be his downfall and he will end up getting KO'd when he steps up in competition. At this point he looked great against a figher that was there to make him look great. the only reason Mtagwa was credible is due to the fight with Juanma. Juanma was drained and had nothing left to give after the 7th round. You have to understand styles make fights and Mtagwa had the perfect style for Gamboa to shine. Arum is no dummy and he put him on a good under card and gave him the perfect dance partner to make him look great.

Anyone can see he has defensive liabilities. He isnt exactly the most tactical offensive fighter either. The point is the kid can bang, and hes got blinding speed. That alone is gonna take him pretty far.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
      Anyone can see he has defensive liabilities. He isnt exactly the most tactical offensive fighter either. The point is the kid can bang, and hes got blinding speed. That alone is gonna take him pretty far.
      I agree I said the kid who is 28 by the way is and has some very bad habits. The fact he is Cuban and claims he is 28 means he is probably on the other side of 30. With over 320 amature fights under his belt and 17 pro fights now I think he should learn how to keep his hands up. he did a little better against Mtagwa but like I said he was supposed to look awesome that was the idea. To me his speed and hard hitting ability will only take him so far. He will need to learn how to pick off punches and keep his right hand up. Like I siad someone with a good jab and decent reach is gong to give him problems.

Comment

Originally posted by TITO SEVERE View Post
        I agree I said the kid who is 28 by the way is and has some very bad habits. The fact he is Cuban and claims he is 28 means he is probably on the other side of 30. With over 320 amature fights under his belt and 17 pro fights now I think he should learn how to keep his hands up. he did a little better against Mtagwa but like I said he was supposed to look awesome that was the idea. To me his speed and hard hitting ability will only take him so far. He will need to learn how to pick off punches and keep his right hand up. Like I siad someone with a good jab and decent reach is gong to give him problems.
        For the most part, he can blast his way through the opposition.
        I do agree with you, though. I would definitely pick Chris John to beat him, Celestino Caballero as well. Its just that with all of his talents, he isnt very likely to be beaten by less than elite competition. At least not right now.

Comment

Seen every single fight of him, from the start up. He's the ****.

Comment

this is how I see it.

His speed will get him far.
            His cockyness is going top betray him.
            His talent will also take him far.
            His chin is going to expose his major flaw.(reckless, undiscipline)
            His age will not help his legacy
            His boxing ability is polished , (400+ fights in the amateurs , this guy is at his peak. His fights with bums will be easy , his fights with elite fighters will be determined on patience , if he can focus on establishing his speed and breaking down opponents he could beat anybody , if he gets cocky with an elite fighter , he will get hurt and not finish the fight.

Comment

He looks like a Jeff Lacy waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ßreakbeat View Post
                He looks like a Jeff Lacy waiting to happen.
                Gamboa has more talent in hes left hand then Jeff Lacy has in hes whole body.

Comment

Originally posted by skyler View Post
                  Gamboa has more talent in hes left hand then Jeff Lacy has in hes whole body.
                  Jeff Lacy lost his best weapon his left hook. After his shoulder went out he was never able to fire that hook the way he was. Calzaghe took his heart and the injury took his best weapon. Gamboa is going to be top notch I just see him being matched well by Arum and taken far. To me a good boxer with a jab and reach is going to make him look very bad stylistically.

Comment

gamboa's speed and power can more than make up for his poor defense which isn't really that bad his reflexes seem pretty good i reckon he can avoid alot of shots with his speed alone

it should be a great fight against Lopez and a tough one but i still see Gamboa winning though

Comment

Working...
                    X