Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the hardest punching Middleweight Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My top 15 at MW Hardest Punchers

The 1st 3 you could place in any order in my opinion, they are the 3 hardest punchers.

Julian Jackson hit his hardest at JMW, he lost a little when he moved up. and everyone seems to have forgotten Fernandez, Langford & Castro. MW may have been Langfords best weight, from there to LHW.

Stanley Ketchel
    Bob Fitzsimmons
    John Mugabi
    Florentino Fernandez
    Sugar Ray Robinson
    Gerald McClellan
    Nigel Benn
    Gennady Golovkin
    Marvin Hagler
    Sam Langford
    Kelly Pavlik
    Thomas Hearns
    Rocky Graziano
    Jorge Castro
    Julian Jackson

Comment

Read this about Fitzsimmons Power!

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/fitz.html

Comment

Jackson used to put them out for minutes with arm punches, he knocked out people by accident.

Comment

Surely you'd need to make consideration of the gloves worn. Someone like Julian Jackson was wearing 10 oz gloves whilst the likes of Ketchel were wearing 5 oz or maybe even less.

The idea that Ketchel punched anywhere near as hard as Julian Jackson or many of the hardest hitting modern middleweights is pretty ridiculous even outside of the factor of the weight of gloves worn.

Comment

Why was Golovkin not included?

Comment

Most likely Ketchel, glove size (weight) doesn't mean as much as fans think it does. If a solid puncher hits you square and add in an "unseen" punch your in trouble. If you add more weight to the fist of a strong puncher your increasing the damage he could do.
              As far as technique and ability to KO a wide variety of styled fighters I'll take Sugar Ray. When you fought over 200 fights as a pro and KO half that 50%+ actually gets a bit larger. Then add in his amateur KO numbers and his KO ability gets serious. His incredible eye/hand coordination plus his hand speed added power to a frame that was the perfect sized Middleweight 5'11" 160lbs.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkinchamp View Post
                Why was Golovkin not included?
                The thread was started in 2008

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Most likely Ketchel, glove size (weight) doesn't mean as much as fans think it does. If a solid puncher hits you square and add in an "unseen" punch your in trouble. If you add more weight to the fist of a strong puncher your increasing the damage he could do.
                The heavier gloves cushion the punches and therefore decrease the force of the punch. I'm sure if Ketchel or Jackson hit me clean with a 10oz glove it would knock me out just as it would if they were wearing a 5oz glove but the force would be greater with the 5oz, how much greater i'm not sure.

Comment

George Foreman hits you with a 6x4 10oz everlast glove.

Then he puts on a 18oz 8x6 tuff wear, whats the difference?
                  I guess 8oz. does the added weight increase the force?
                  The extra 8oz isn't slowing the punch down!
                  Will foam make any difference from say horse hair? Could be!

My point is this the biggest difference in glove size comes on the defensive side
                  in boxing. Your hand to hand blocking and clinching improves dramatically with the smaller gloves just as the "face coverage" increases using more mass gloves.

"but the force would be greater with the 5oz", would you prefer a Fiat hitting you in a cross walk or a Cadillac! Both at the same speed of course!

It makes no difference what gloves a puncher wears, he does damage with either glove.
                  Ray

Comment

Everyone knows and can see its Julian jackson, even though he isnt a natural MW at all
                    Last edited by AlexKid; 07-15-2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I'd take Chris Eubank for power over Trinidad.

Comment

Working...
                      X