Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Jabs The WBC, Tells De La Hoya To Pay $1.1 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto is spot on here the WBC are a disgrace and they put undeserving fighters such as Amir Khan in prime positions to try and line their pockets when it's nothing to do with being fair.
    I totally agree that if Oscar is not happy then he pay this ridiculous money for nothing fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
      Floyd is still the champ at 154. WBC probably right with money since they aren't seeing any from that division with Floyd being retired now. He never even dedended it. Lol oh wait, WBC credited him with defending the 154 lb belt when he defended the 147 lb title vs Maidana in their rematch. Lmfao WBC is a bunch of crooks. They don't do anything by the book.
      The WBC website reads that the Superwelterwieght strap is VACANT...

Comment

• 1.1 mil is ridiculous. WBC got greedy. They should have just striped cotto for not fighting GGG. Instead greed counseled them to get a big sanctioning fee for Cotto v Canelo. Now, instead they end up with nothing -- and it's all down to greed. Should have simply striped him for not fighting GGG before this fight was ever announced then they could have put the WBC on the line for GGG v Lemieux.

The big question here is what happened to GGG's step aside money?
        Last edited by Daddy T; 11-18-2015, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by petegrif View Post
          IF this reporting is correct and Cotto isn't paying GGG then I think we can be confident about 2 things:
          a) there will be a lawsuit because under WBC rules GGG was the mandatory and WBC only allowed Cotto to fight Canelo as a voluntary because he was able to come to an agreement with GGG's team. So if he renegaded on that agreement he will be sued and he will very likely end up paying more than 800K.
          b) this Cotto strategy is most likely a scheme of Roc Nation. It will be interesting to see how they continue to make waves in the business. If they really have welshed on a deal with GGG's team that will impact the trust that others have in their deal making and that will influence their business going forward. karma.

I thought Cotto's strategy of holding onto the belt as a negotiating chip with Canelo and Golden Boy then using it to promote the fight as a world championship then dumping it at the last moment was deeply cynical but would kinda give him a pass on it. But if he really has done all that AND renegaded on GGG's team, who have twice worked with him and given him a break along with the WBC to fight for the title then take a 2 voluntaries, I'm afraid that is way over the line. That's just really ****ty behavior. I just hope it's not true.
          Some of you guys really live in a dream world.

Comment

• You can't sue anyone off verbal agreements lol.... without a written and signed contract there will be no lawsuit of any kind.

It's like when Lewis and Rahman were supposed to have the rematch, Rahman tried to squeeze a fight with Tyson in between but Lewis had the signed contract saying the rematch had to happen next. As a result the court battle was easily won.

Not surprised by this though, it's an easy way for Cotto to get out of the GGG fight (if he wins on Saturday), keep his money and it doesn't appear as an obvious duck because 1.1 mil is a large enough number to justify dumping the belt.

What I find funny though is some GGG fan boys giving Canelo props, the same guy that said he's not ready for 160. The GGG fan boys take flip flopping to the next level.

Comment

• FACT: the ONLY guy who can win the WBC Middleweight Title, said this.....

" I have absolutely no interest in middleweight "

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                Just a little has been guy who will get knocked out in a couple days and sent into retirement. Puerto Ricans are desperate for a good fighter and they have to deal with such a diva, i feel really bad for them, they have the worst, most selfish piece of **** in the sport they have to support. Feelsbadman.
                I felt that way about Pinoys.

But it's ok, at least they got Donaire

Comment

• Originally posted by whitealltrac View Post
                  Brilliant!!!

AHAHAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
                    Thats awesome it helped it at some point. But at this point it doesn't help him and thats what matters bruh. It's not worth it to pay 1.1 million for that belt today.

Or do you think Cotto is the first superstar fighter to let belts go over money?
                    " with 1.1mil I can buy any belt I want "

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      Screwing the ABCs is more than OK, but screwing other fighters.. that belt is now vacant and should be handed to Golovkin in a little ceremony before the fight, would be nice to see Cotto and Canelo blushing and avoiding any eye contact.
                      How many people will you be inviting to your fight party ?

Ooops, I mean..... elevation party?

Comment

Working...
                      X