Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are more people calling for a Danny-Lucas rematch than a Broner-Chino rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are more people calling for a Danny-Lucas rematch than a Broner-Chino rematch?

Let's go over some simple facts first.

Firstly, it's common knowledge that Lucas was massively hyped and was the favorite to win in his fight against Lucas. In fact it was literally set in stone that Lucas was going to KO Danny at least according to casual fans, but more objective fans knew otherwise. Then comes fight night and the boy gets dismantled and out boxed. Clear cut wide decision for Danny who not only managed to badly hurt Lucas but dropped him too. This is simply not a fight that screams "rematch" at all, yet I see more fans calling for it over a Broner-Maidana rematch.

Now let's look at the facts between the Maidana Broner fight and the events that occurred after the fight. This was more of an even fight among boxing pundits and fans across the board. We all saw what happened, and in the end Chino came out victorious. Of course we can talk about suspicious substances given to him in the corner and questionable roughhousing tactics but that's for another topic. Both Broner and Maidana got touched up in that fight and both were pretty torn. I believe Maidana claimed that Broner was one of the hardest punchers he's faced, and he did admit he was hurt to the body and the head a few times, including in the last round. Close but clear decision for Maidana simply due to the knockdowns, his boxing wasn't incredible or anything spectacular. Had that fight been a 14 rounder, it wouldn't shock me the outcome was much different as Broner's pace was picking up dramatically.

So what happened after the fight? Broner immediately called for a rematch. And what was the response given to him by Team Maidana? He claimed that his wife was having a baby and wouldn't be ready for a rematch anytime soon. Yet along comes Floyd and that baby was no longer cared about, because that fight was on in an instant. Basically Maidana wasn't "available" for Broner's call for a rematch but he damn near packed his bags for the US when Floyd's people gave him the call. That's a dirty move by him.

Do you agree that Broner vs Maidana is more credible for a rematch than Danny vs Lucas, a rather one sided boxing affair to which we already know the outcome to?

Probably because Garcia-Matthysse was relatively close

Broner got his ass kicked thoroughly by Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

This^^^^^

Lucas-Danny was a good fight, Maidana basically just beat up broner and humped him

Comment

Garcia/Matthysse was a close, good fight, no matter how much you want to deny it.

Maidana beat the **** out of Broner in one-sided fasion.

Comment

Another point of interest I'd like to mention is the fact that Maidana is no longer working with Ariza so in the rematch Ariza won't be in the corner giving Chino napkins with unknown substances in them to inhale. I also noted that Broner's pace was picking up while Chino's pace was slowing down. And that of course was with the guy who deals in special shakes. So what kind of Maidana shows up for the rematch with no Ariza in his corner?

This leads to a good fight. I really hope they make the rematch soon after Maidana loses to Floyd again.

Comment

because Matthysse vs Garcia was a close fight, and matthysse was winning when he has the injured in his eye.
            And Maidana destroy Broner

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

So Maidana claiming that Broner was not only one of the hardest punchers he's felt, but also was able to hurt him numerous times to the body and head means nothing? The fight seemed one sided because of the knockdowns but I assure you must have missed Broner's solid inside work.

Comment

Broner asked for a rematch, but your forgetting that Maidana got a Floyd fight..which one would you choose Floyd or broner

Comment

Is this Frank Ducketts?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Garcia/Matthysse was a close, good fight, no matter how much you want to deny it.

Maidana beat the **** out of Broner in one-sided fasion.
                    So Broner's work on the inside doesn't count for anything? Did you guys actually watch the fight while putting emotions aside? Oh wow a knockdown or two that boy is getting beat up bad!! SMH.

Comment

Working...
                    X