Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rising stars with great expectations that got exposed before they could take off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    ^^^ I agree with this.

Linares loss his first fight with a shot to the TEMPLE. You can't do **** about that.

His second fight was a horrible stoppage. His bleeding made it worse than what it was. If the fight isn't stopped. He wins a wide UD. Unquestionably. He'd pot-shot the 12th round, that's why.

Linares has a huge ceiling. Great technique and a body the size of ODLH. He still hasn't even reached his peak yet.
    I dont agree with this at all

He was covered up, he wasnt throwing anything back (previously he would fight back) he was just taking bombs and they hurt him quite bad

When the ref stopped it, he couldn't even complain....

Hes the only 1 to blame for losing that fight, trading with a puncher, hes amazing, great technique and sooo fast.....power isnt an asset he posses tho

So i dont see why he was trying to trade with this guy

Comment

Michael Katsidis I feel was a star in the making until he got stopped by Marquez and now Guerrero. I was really looking forward to him being an Elite but he won't ever be. Also, Audley Harrison, an Olympic Gold Medalist, whose career was supposed to take off dropped faster than it came.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
        Michael Katsidis I feel was a star in the making until he got stopped by Marquez and now Guerrero. I was really looking forward to him being an Elite but he won't ever be. Also, Audley Harrison, an Olympic Gold Medalist, whose career was supposed to take off dropped faster than it came.
        Actually, you can thank Cassamayor for that.

Comment

Looking at Lemieux record, it's amazing to think anyone would have put him in against Rubio. Huge mistake, let's see if he can bounce back

Comment

Andre Berto.

Comment

Allan Green? He was really getting hyped up a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
                Looking at Lemieux record, it's amazing to think anyone would have put him in against Rubio. Huge mistake, let's see if he can bounce back
                Very true. I said that Lemieux would have the punchers chance....Rubio was just too good for him. I think people write off boxers with set backs far too much nowadays.

I am 100% confident David will improve and be better prepared for bigger step ups. He mouthed off too much leading up to his fight with Rubio, pretty much buying into his own hype.

Out of all the hype trains (well David did get alot of hype) today, id say David will be the one to step into the ring with the tougher tests.

Comment

Broner's corny azz. He got exposed by Ponce De Leon!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Actually, you can thank Cassamayor for that.
                    Yeah, I noted his first loss with Cassamayor but I still think he came back pretty strong after that, even if he lost to Juan (who was at that time coming from a SD loss to Nate Campball).

Comment

Working...
                    X