Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Admits Mayweather Fight Unlikely Until 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im not denying the fact that they had to sign onto top rank. what im saying is that bob was upfront with it from the get go. bob didnt play games and told jmm u need to agree to take less money and agree to testing and then pulls out the and u need to leave ur promoter like what floyd is doing. bob was straight foward with his demands from the get go.

Comment

• Big up to Sapo and Big Dunn! I'm LMAO at these cats trying to debate with no logic. For those who don't know how Marquez got the fight, don't believe me or Sapo or Big Dunn, go here:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb...n-boy-20110228

It's real simple, if you want to fight Manny, sign with Top Rank! If you want to fight Floyd (Like Cotto did) leave Top Rank!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        why make an extreme counter argument rather than simply debate what happened?

You are correct-floyd didn't ask manny to sign with TMT initially. But since then Manny refused 50/50, agreed to ost then refused the $40 mil no ppv offer, and in fights that occured since the first manny/floyd negotiation, manny/bob made shane, tim, and JMM all sign with TR as a condition of fighting manny to protect their investment.

SO now floyd is asking manny do the same thing.

jesus christ...so your dumbass is still in that $40 million offer? that offer is so fuucking unfair even your god floyd acknowledged it when he said a few days after he made that offer that they still have to talk about the upside.

of course he was just trying to save face after his offer got ridiculed by the boxing community but at least he tried to repair the damage. you on the other hand is like a talking parrot who doesn't really have no clue what he's talking about.

Comment

why make an extreme counter argument rather than simply debate what happened?

You are correct-floyd didn't ask manny to sign with TMT initially. But since then Manny refused 50/50, agreed to ost then refused the $40 mil no ppv offer, and in fights that occured since the first manny/floyd negotiation, manny/bob made shane, tim, and JMM all sign with TR as a condition of fighting manny to protect their investment.

SO now floyd is asking manny do the same thing.
          My counter argument is very valid since you all seem to not want Manny to guarantee his future but yet Lil Floyd can go ahead and guarantee his with a six fight contract with the other network. Again, Floyd is not that much of a bigger star than Manny to want to rap.e him on every negotiation points. Manny never refused 50/50 and newsflash Floyd cannot offer Manny $40 million when Manny is bringing a lot to the table as well. That's not good faith negotiation. It is called dictating. I guess if you work tirelessly at your job and you can see how big the bonus pool for the year is but yet you are only being offered a raise for the year instead of the big bonus check, I guess you will just accept and disregard all the tireless work you have put in over that time period. Please answer that with facts and don't just ramble along and keep repeating the same old garbage.

Comment

If you read the thread I said he stole the idea from Bob/manny as a way to protect his investment and to flex his muscle.

So if I am correct you are saying the same thing evol did- because floyd didn't ask for it in 09 he can't ask for it now. Is that right?

Thats interesting logic.
            that's what i'm saying. a fl0wm0 would never ever wonder, he'll just go along with whatever floyd puts out there, even if most of the boxing world thinks its absurd and a duck move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
              im not denying the fact that they had to sign onto top rank. what im saying is that bob was upfront with it from the get go. bob didnt play games and told jmm u need to agree to take less money and agree to testing and then pulls out the and u need to leave ur promoter like what floyd is doing. bob was straight foward with his demands from the get go.
              SO its ok because Bob was straight forward even though they had fought twice before and signing to TR wasn't necessary? come on evol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Big up to Sapo and Big Dunn! I'm LMAO at these cats trying to debate with no logic. For those who don't know how Marquez got the fight, don't believe me or Sapo or Big Dunn, go here:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb...n-boy-20110228

It's real simple, if you want to fight Manny, sign with Top Rank! If you want to fight Floyd (Like Cotto did) leave Top Rank!
                congratulations. but that's not the latest duscussion here numbnuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by whirlout View Post
                  My counter argument is very valid since you all seem to not want Manny to guarantee his future but yet Lil Floyd can go ahead and guarantee his with a six fight contract with the other network. Again, Floyd is not that much of a bigger star than Manny to want to rap.e him on every negotiation points. Manny never refused 50/50 and newsflash Floyd cannot offer Manny $40 million when Manny is bringing a lot to the table as well. That's not good faith negotiation. It is called dictating. I guess if you work tirelessly at your job and you can see how big the bonus pool for the year is but yet you are only being offered a raise for the year instead of the big bonus check, I guess you will just accept and disregard all the tireless work you have put in over that time period. Please answer that with facts and don't just ramble along and keep repeating the same old garbage.
                  dude, showtime didn't offer Manny the deal, thats not floyd's fault is it?

You seem to be hinting that this is all about power and control. we agree. If you don't want Manny/Bob to cede power and control to floyd/Al thats fine.

The problem is Manny had a very fair offer which he says he turned down because he didn't want to have to take tests he said "weakend" him. OK, that was his call and for a while it worked out in his favor.

But the situation is fluid. Subsequently, manny got KO'd in a fight that he only took because cotto refused another CW. Floyd fught twice for the 1st time in a long time-and had a fight that did well over 2 mil ppv's. So he now has significantly more negotiating leverage.

I can agree floyd is using his power and control only to benefit himself and not all fans. But manny did the same thing. SO how about we blame both and find a way to make the fight happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
                    im not denying the fact that they had to sign onto top rank. what im saying is that bob was upfront with it from the get go. bob didnt play games and told jmm u need to agree to take less money and agree to testing and then pulls out the and u need to leave ur promoter like what floyd is doing. bob was straight foward with his demands from the get go.
                    You think Arum don't play games??? Don't take my word for it, read Dan Rafael from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...yweather-fight

It is what is!

Comment

• Originally posted by Twako View Post
                      that's what i'm saying. a fl0wm0 would never ever wonder, he'll just go along with whatever floyd puts out there, even if most of the boxing world thinks its absurd and a duck move.
                      You can't speak for the rest of the boxing world.

Thats interesting logic. When putting together this fight you feel floyd can only ask manny for the same things he asked for in 09, if he asks for anything different its a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X