Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez reveals next fight in Argentina against a top 5 opponent no matter what

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez reveals next fight in Argentina against a top 5 opponent no matter what

In that Argentinian Dancing with the Stars show, he just revealed that for sure his next fight is going to be in Argentina no matter what other big money offers he gets from anyone else. He said it's going to be an elite top 5 guy and his team is talking to several people. He didn't mention the WBC so I think he meant an actual credible top 5 guy, not top 5 from wbc rankings. So no Cotto, Canelo, and Mayweather for now I guess.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-22-2012, 10:49 PM.

I love Sergio Martinez....

Comment

At 160 or 154?

Comment

The guy does his own thing.......true champion right dur.

Comment

I'm glad he's not fighting a tuneup for his homecoming like Marquez did. Sturm isn't leaving Germany and Chavez is out of the picture for now, so that leaves Geale, Quillin, Golovkin, and Pirog. I'd be happy with any of those.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          At 160 or 154?
          He didn't say, but I'd assume middleweight. He's not going through the trouble of moving down for just anyone. He made a big deal about getting the belt back, so it'd be stupid to move down unless it's for a big money fight. (and none of those guys are going to Arg)
          Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-22-2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Hes gonna beat up Priog then we will hear of how hes ducking GGG

Comment

i doubt it, argentina is going down like in 2001, its ensign navy school ship got seized in ghana for some bonds the country defaulted... prolly sergio would like to lower his purse for his fans but the "top 5" guy wouldnt come cheap... that situation is f'ed up, the sailors cant leave coz if argentina sends another ship or plane to pick them it will be seized too as payment... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Hes gonna beat up Priog then we will hear of how hes ducking GGG
                Don't forget Quillin. They had him on T.V. too only recently.

Comment

He didn't say what division and so it would be foolish to rule out any of those three, which are top five at 154.

Comment

He should fight Pirog or Golovkin. They'd probably go to Aregentina to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                    X