Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: Erik Morales Took My Shots, Amir Khan Could Not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Danny Garcia wants to fight the big names at 140 and that he feels he's ready but I don't hope they'll rush the kid. Let him have a couple of decent opponents and then slowly build him up for bigger events. Fighting Matthysse now would be too risky and dangerous.

Comment

I thought they were feeding Garcia to Khan even though I gave him a puncher's chance. The way he dropped Morales was enough to convince me this fight was going to be interesting. I think Lopez has enough heart to give Alvarez problems. I wouldn't be so quick to discount Lopez's chance to get the win.

Comment

This is making Pac look better and better. Morales couldnt take Pacs punches when Morales was young and no one had ever stopped Morales.

Comment

garcia had beaten nate campbell, kendall holt & eric morales leading into this fight. all 3 were past their best but still quality names on the resume. there is no doubt khan looked past him & was thinking about mayweather. that's a huge mistake looking beyond an opponent, just ask monte barrett & victor ortiz who have done the same thing recently...

Comment

Just shows how much Morales really has left in the tank. If only he had disciplined himself a little more. He was winning the Garcia fight until he got dropped in the 10th. Garcia isn't that good technically and a smart fighter with a solid chin will beat him. Garcia's chin and his power are his bread & butter. Still, I look forward to seeing the kid fight on and the battles he has waiting him.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              This is making Pac look better and better. Morales couldnt take Pacs punches when Morales was young and no one had ever stopped Morales.
              No its not. Unlike when he fought Garcia Morales was drained when he got knocked out both times

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
                No its not. Unlike when he fought Garcia Morales was drained when he got knocked out both times
                Morales was drained against Garcia too. He had to kill himself to try and make 140 and couldn't. There was no life in his legs and the only reason he didn't get KO'd is because Garcia didn't let his hands go like he did against Khan.

Comment

Working...
                X