Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson fight shouldnt have any bearance on the legacy and accomplishments of Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawson fight shouldnt have any bearance on the legacy and accomplishments of Hopkins

First let me say Hop legacy was solidified way before the Pascal and Dawson fights.

Should the Dawson fight have any bearance on what Hopkins has been able to accomplish through out his career in boxing?

I can't believe Hopkins did what he did. Very selfish. True champions pass the torch, they don't hoard it with every trick in the book. This is why Hopkins has no fans.

Comment

What fight???all i saw was a bunch of posing and a body slam.

Comment

Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
        I can't believe Hopkins did what he did. Very selfish. True champions pass the torch, they don't hoard it with every trick in the book. This is why Hopkins has no fans.
        strange,im a hopkins fan

Comment

Originally posted by S.J. II View Post
          What happened and the suggestion of quitting is totally out of character for Hopkins , you people bury a great career in an eye blink , how about maybe he did actually injure the shoulder , its all to easy to say he is lying , I would sooner give him the benefit of the doubt based on his past than just hate on him because it appears to you a certain way , Ive seen athletes get injured by just turning awkward ,,,,, **** happens .

Comment

His legacy of one of the dirtiest fighter of his time is intact.

Comment

Hopkins legacy is him crying on the mat faking the funk.

End of story.........

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                strange,im a hopkins fan
                You are one person. Having fans means you actually have a fan base.

Comment

It definitley has no impact on Hopkins legacy for me. Its not like Chad kicked his and busted him open. All that happened was a round and a half of close action, columinating in Hopkins getting pushed down and injured. I look at it as a no contest due to an injury early in the fight.

Comment

No fight Hopkins has will effect his legacy.

Hopkins could get shut out by the #100 ranked LHW and it wouldn't matter. He's 46, he's supposed to lose.

Hopkins is in a win win situation at this point. And rightfully so, really.

The Dawson fight had no effect on his legacy. He's solified his legacy as an ATG, one of the fighters of his generation.

One thing the Dawson fight will do for his legacy is re-affirm the whole 'Ouch that hurt I'm going to lay on the mat for a while' **** that Hopkins has come a custom to in his career.

The injury was legit, this time. But still, it just adds more fuel to the fire. The comments on his board prove that.

Hopkins is an old school fighter and I admire that. I admire his ring general ship and veteran tactics. I personally love that ****.

I love when Hopkins gets away with what he does. His subtleness when he holds and hits, low blows on the blind side of the ref, trying to get all the advantages he can weasal out.

What I don't like, and don't find old school about Hopkins, is when someone dishs back those very same tactics, and do what they are supposed to do, he takes a knee, or needs a break, or complains to the ref, or fakes a low blow, or pretend he's hurt. It's annoying. If you're going to dish it out then as an old school fighter you have to expect it back and give it back harder when they retaliate.

The second Roy Jones fight will always stick out in my mind with Hopkins. Is that because it's fresh in my mind? Maybe.

But I will never forget the contstant low blows and hots tot he back of the head Hopkins dished out. Then when Roy threw one back in retaliation, like he's supposed to, Hopkins crumbled to the floor and needed a break.

Sandy Saddler would grab you, fling you, hit and hold, low blow, he would do it all. Sandy Saddler fouled so much, Willie Pep learned Judo to try and counter it.

You think he would lay on the floor when someone dished it back? God no.

He would hit and hold that little bit more when time was back in.

He'd tell you he's about to low blow you when he knew the ref wasn't looking.

That's the epitome of a real old school fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X