No announcement yet.

Prescott Clearly beat McCloskey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescott Clearly beat McCloskey

I just watched it and can't see how McCloskey won more than 4 rounds and was put down too early, clear jobbing here but I guess now Khan can keep trying to justify his ducking of Presoctt.

I had Prescott sweeping most of the first 6 rounds, maybe gave Paul 1 or 2 close ones but in the 7th or 8th the fight completely changed and Paul started to win pretty much every round.

Prescott gassed out and got backed up the rest of the fight.

Close fight, but given that it was in Ireland, you don't let Paul roar back like that if you're Prescott. Amateur move on his part.

I agree that Prescott could still murk Khan though because his boxing is much better now and his power is legit.

Comment

I'm PISSED at that bulls**t decision...Prescott deserved the win, and it would have set up a rematch with Khan. Now he gets nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by Fooly Cooly View Post
        I had Prescott sweeping most of the first 6 rounds, maybe gave Paul 1 or 2 close ones but in the 7th or 8th the fight completely changed and Paul started to win pretty much every round.

Prescott gassed out and got backed up the rest of the fight.

Close fight, but given that it was in Ireland, you don't let Paul roar back like that if you're Prescott. Amateur move on his part.

I agree that Prescott could still murk Khan though because his boxing is much better now and his power is legit.
        I didn't think he won all of the late rounds certainly not the 12th when he was just getting battered the entire last 30 seconds in what was a competitive round before.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          I didn't think he won all of the late rounds certainly not the 12th when he was just getting battered the entire last 30 seconds in what was a competitive round before.
          Prescott did good in the final 30 seconds of that round, but Paul did just as good in the first 2 minutes.

I think you're grasping at straws here if you can't admit that Paul simply took the fight over in the middle rounds. It was clear to see because of how much Prescott dropped off from the good work he did in the first half only to get backed up and hit at will whenever Paul put it on him.

I think I had Paul winning pretty much every round from the 7th or 8th on.

Comment

Prescott did good in the final 30 seconds of that round, but Paul did just as good in the first 2 minutes.

I think you're grasping at straws here if you can't admit that Paul simply took the fight over in the middle rounds. It was clear to see because of how much Prescott dropped off from the good work he did in the first half only to get backed up and hit at will whenever Paul put it on him.

I don't think he could have taken the 7th, the 8th yes for certain he did and there was a swing round in there late while McCloskey for sure won the 4th. I had him way behind while Prescott won 1-3, 5-7, 12, and could have taken one of the later rounds too that was close.

Comment

Like I said many times Prescott needs to blame himself he done sweet FA from round 8 onwards. And why is no-one complaining about the BS KD in the first round? No way was that a KD!

I had Prescott winning by one point but if you take away the KD it's a draw. And fighting in someone else backyard it weren't clever to throw away the fight like Prescott did.

Comment

You must be a professional judge, with all the robberies that happen in boxing.

Comment

Props to Prescott for going to Ireland and beating McCloskey.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                    Like I said many times Prescott needs to blame himself he done sweet FA from round 8 onwards. And why is no-one complaining about the BS KD in the first round? No way was that a KD!

I had Prescott winning by one point but if you take away the KD it's a draw. And fighting in someone else backyard it weren't clever to throw away the fight like Prescott did.
                    Spot on mate.

Comment

Working...
                    X