Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Y'all want Lucas to continue and end up like Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas is a bottle job

Comment

i think it was the way he quit, he didnt even try to stand up. but idk everyone here insults victor for quitting but the way lucas quit was almost the same. hopefully his injury isnt too serious and he comes back soon. and look at manny pacqiou who had a dislocated shoulder and still fought hard for 12 tough rounds

Comment

He is now a certified quitter,a coward..a knee poser

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
            Especially when 99% of people wouldn't be able to take one punch from an average boxer. Boxing fans are so fickle and that's the way it is unfortunately. Lucas has given us so many great fights and this is the thanks he gets. He lost to a top boxer, you win some you lose some. And that's why I admire how much they respect fighters in the UFC. A loss doesn't make you a bum or hypejob.
            Only haters/trolls would call Matthysse a bum. Postol simply had his number.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Lucas is a bottle job
              Is this really necessary? The past 24 hours feel like I've been in a Saw movie.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                i think it was the way he quit, he didnt even try to stand up. but idk everyone here insults victor for quitting but the way lucas quit was almost the same. hopefully his injury isnt too serious and he comes back soon. and look at manny pacqiou who had a dislocated shoulder and still fought hard for 12 tough rounds
                Yup. It's not like Lucas was getting the shlt beaten out of him, or being swarmed by Postol. Lucas was doing most of the chasing, and the punch he choose to quit on did not look like that hard of a shot. Lucas looked very able to continue, and was not in danger of being seriously hurt.

He knew he could not win, and choose to quit. If he wanted he could've finished the fight, while protecting his potential injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                  Is this really necessary? The past 24 hours feel like I've been in a Saw movie.
                  Forgot you were a United fan too

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    As fight fans, we have a right to demand our fighters fight...that's the fight game. He said he felt a pop, fair enough, he quit...that makes him a quitter.
                    Is this a joke? They're not your fighters and you don't have the right to demand ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
                      Is this a joke? They're not your fighters and you don't have the right to demand ****.
                      I do have the right to demand, as does anyone who watches. It's our viewership which brings in millions of dollars of ad revenue and thousands in gate receipts, which puts money in the pockets of promoters and TV executives and makes rich men of street fighters. As in any sport or any entertainment, it is the audience which pays the bills.

If Matthysse was not a respected TV fighter, he wouldn't be making the money he does and his promoters would not be selling him, nor would the TV execs buy him...what has made him a respected TV fighter? It's the fans that have tuned in or written about him on social media and promoted him on forums.

Everyone in entertainment owes something to the public, there was a time when they understood that, maybe they still do now.

Comment

Working...
                      X