Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rank morales, barrera, pacquiao & marquez in terms of greatness...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morales_ View Post
    1. Pacquiao
    2. Morales
    3. Barrera
    4. Marquez

Pacquiao has the best resume. Morales and Barrera are about even, I just feel ability wise Morales is the better fighter. Marquez fought mostly bums in the 90s and has the worst resume out of the them.
    Same here.

Marquez may be the most skilled or damn close, and h2h may beat all three, but he doesn't have the names on his resume the other three, do not even close. Morales and Barrera can be switchable, but I definitely go Morales.

Comment

At 126? Or career overall?

At 126
      1. MAB
      2. Marquez
      3. Morales
      4. Pacquiao

Overall Career?
      1. Pacquiao
      2. MAB
      3. Morales
      4. Marquez

These aren't set in stone, they're all razor close. I don't think it can be argued that Pacquiao has had the best career, though.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Same here.

Marquez may be the most skilled or damn close, and h2h may beat all three, but he doesn't have the names on his resume the other three, do not even close. Morales and Barrera can be switchable, but I definitely go Morales.
      I agree, although I rate MAB over Morales.
      Last edited by BigStereotype; 08-22-2010, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morales_ View Post
        1. Pacquiao
        2. Morales
        3. Barrera
        4. Marquez

Pacquiao has the best resume. Morales and Barrera are about even, I just feel ability wise Morales is the better fighter. Marquez fought mostly bums in the 90s and has the worst resume out of the them.
        Marquez only does good against a certain type of fighter.

Morales and Barrera is a tossup, I'm going to go with Barrera.

Pacquiao has beat all of them as is the clear top dog of this list.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

I've got to say that's a bizarre statement.

Look at his resume and you can see an incredibly wide range of styles: Agapito Sanchez (smothering style, good in and out, Pac's only other draw, very tricky), Julio Gervacio (excellent boxer/puncher), Robbie Peden (good all around boxer), Derrick Gainer (pure boxer), Manuel Medina (crafty volume puncher), Orlando Salido (brawler), Manny Pacquiao (aggressive fast lefty), Terdsak Jandaeng (very good aggressive southpaw), Juan Diaz (volume), Joel Casamayor (super tricky boxer), Marco A. Barrera (all around boxer/puncher), Rocky Juarez (pressure fighter), Freddy Cruz, Alfred Kotey....etc. All champions, all very good fighters and all with different styles.

That covers every style imaginable. Pure boxer, boxer/puncher, southpaw boxers and aggressive fighters, brawlers, crafty tricky fighters, inside, outside and leaders or backfoot fighters.

It goes without saying that a fighter who doesn't lead means he has to work more and won't look as good, but you can say that about anyone. Pac doesn't look good against counter punchers, Barrera struggles against boxer/punchers and Marquez struggles against backfoot boxers. Every fighter struggles with one or two styles, Marquez no more than any one of the others.

Comment

I think Marquez beat Manny twice. He beat Barrera. I think he could beat Morales. Marquez is extremely underrated in this thread. He has only been beaten convincingly once by welterweight kind Floyd Mayweather who is so much bigger then him and he was blown up & slower. A lot of people think he beat Manny twice, everybody knows the Chris John decision was terrible, and I've heard a lot of people that think he beat Norwood too even though that was a terrible terrible fight. Marquez isn't even done or shot yet so he still has room to accomplish more while Barrera & Morales are hurting their legacy's by keep fighting. If Marquez cleans out at lightweight to become Undisputed champ or even wins a belt at 140 which is possible but not likely but it's not like he has no chance, then I think he'd definitely take the #2 spot.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

Huh? How can you say that about JMM when he beat everyone in his career except for Mayweather, when Mayweather was the best fighter in the world and he had to moved up in weight?

Morales is better than Barrera.

Pacquiao only beat a prime MAB and shot Morales. Morales schooled him for 16 rounds before he got tired and had nothing left.

Comment

1. Pacquiao
                2. Morales
                3. Barrera
                4. Marquez

That 0-1-1 against Pacquiao really hurt JMM when it should've been 2-0.

With 2 wins (or even 1) over Pacquiao he would move past Barrera... without it, his resume isn't good enough. I mean past prime Barrera is probably in his top 3 wins and MAB gave him all he could handle and some when they went H2H.

Morales has a very good list of quality wins over pretty much every top fighter in and around his weight classes except for Tapia. If he hadn't blown up to 170 and 180+ pounds throughout all those years, he would've added years to his prime and been a top 50 ATG. Actually, all he needed was to win the trilogy against MAB and/or Pacquiao to be top 50. A win over JMM would've made him that much greater too.

Comment

Working...
                X