Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: A Shame Mexicans Criticize Their Athletes So Much!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
    Fraudverez he's one of the least liked and least respected athletes in Mexico IMO...
    There was a Gymnast from Mexico who was criticized all over social media because of her weight. Canelo, GGG, and any other athlete will be criticized by the haters no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
      Canelo got over emotional after KOing Khan and talked like a hot shot about how he wasn't afraid of GGG. The electicity was there for an immediate showdown. And then the fight didn't happen. They want to marinate it. So ofcourse your going to get backlash. If you don't give the people what they want when they want it then they will trash you. Canelo is a business man and it makes business sense to build up the GGG fight. Meanwhile fans are frustrated with this type of behavior and it makes sense that they lash out at Canelo for deciding to tangle with the likes of Liam Smith instead of going straight into the GGG fight. We were lead to believe Canelo was going to take him on next given his post fight posturing. But hey at the end of the day if Canelo fights him in September 2017 I'm good with it. Especially if he takes on BJS first and gets a MW strap so that we can get an undisputed champion. This Liam Smith fight is straight up whack though. Thats a crappy PPV fight.
      I agree, it's frustrating not to see the fight happen. But I think the backlash will work to his favor in the end. He will have the folks watching that want to see him lose like Mayweather and if he does fight GGG win or lose he probably gets everyone's respect back pretty much instantly. As long as he doesn't wait too long.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        The big difference, none of those guys were liable to destroy him. At worst he gets outboxed but the judges are in his pocket anyway. His handlers are afraid of a more.one sided version of Tito Vargas, where Vargas was never the same
        Who has GGG fought that was likely to destroy him?

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          Would be awesome if the stadium is half empty and no Mexicans show up, sadly, Canexicans will take it in the chin and smile with their eyesclosed. Canelo keeps cumming on their ****ing faces and they wiggle their tongue out. Disgusting.
          This is a huge boxing event. I would go support it even if it was just locals that I never heard of. Someone who loves boxing is lying if they say they don't want to see Canelo vs Liam

Comment

Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
            Not true, I shoot dice and play poker with Mexicans from Mexico every weekend for almost 25 years and they are willing to bet on Canelo because he from Mexico. I don't take the bets because he hasn't fought anybody worth taking since FMJ (I cleaned up on the match).

I say they are die hard Mexican fighter fans because they bet me on Chavez Sr. against DLH both fights because they was going for Chavez because he was from Mexico. Mexicans from Mexico didn't like DLH when he was boxing because he beat Chavez and he wasn't a come forward fighter. DLH had real boxing skills.
            Well, Mexican-Americans or Mexicans living in the US.

The fact is, when Canelo was younger, Televisa was hyping him up to be the next Mexican great, and that got on people's nerves. They made it seem like he could dominate Mayweather.

Then he fought Floyd and delivered a piss poor performance. Everyone said I told you so, and Alvarez was hated on more than ever, and over time, ignored.

A couple people here are right, Mexicans will support any athlete as long as he does us proud, but Canelo's tepid, timid performance against Mayweather was the final nail in his coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
              "Cancer is nothing compared to what saunders and golovkin will do to you "

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaa

Comment

with great expectations come great amounts of criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                  There's no crime in fighting Smith, as ggg is asking smaller fighters to step up and fight him when he wont do it himself. So Canelo is actually correct in not fighting that bigot.

Where the crime actually occurs is asking people to pay for his fight vs Smith
                  Finally!!!

Who the hell expects Canelo or anybody not named Floyd Mayweather, to fight the top guy after one fight in a new division?????

Doesn't Canelo deserve the chance to get used to the new weight class like everybody else in boxing history???

Come on guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X