Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Mexican fighters today will become great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Mexican fighters today will become great?

Can Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares & Oscar Valdez become synomous to the Mexicans greats of yesteryear such as Barerra, Morales, Marquez, Lopez, Sanchez, etcetera. Who will fall short of that?

Erm...Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Erm...Canelo?
      Are you saying he will fall short? I was actually thinking about the smaller guys like smaller than welter. If so, How about Gilbert Ramirez?

Comment

Originally posted by Cogitation7 View Post
        Are you saying he will fall short? I was actually thinking about the smaller guys like smaller than welter. If so, How about Gilbert Ramirez?
        I thought you had forgotten Canelo and no, I don't think he will fall short. He alreday holds wins, no matter how dubiously, against Cotto, Trout and Lara, with a solid list of c level guys like Kirkland and Angulo. He stopped the last 2 if I'm not mistaken.

In terms of the smaller guys, it's a tough question. LSC has teh size to work well at 126 and 130 but he isn't as classy as Barrera, as smart as Marquez or as dynamic as Morales. A very basic, one-two kinda fighter.

And by Ramirez do you mean the smw? I don't think he's that good. Very basic but his size will give him a shot v AA. If he wins that, he is in the sweepstakes for bigger fights in the division but I feel DeGale and Jack can both beat him now.

Just a bit on Mares too, who has been one of my faves in recent years and let's not forget, holds wins over some very good fighters. The problem is, he keeps fighting at 126 and he just isn't suited to that weight. I feel 122 would be perfect for his size and he'd have good fights v Donaire and/or Quigg. A win in both would really catapault him back into people's minds.

Comment

Working...
        X