No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Changes in the New Year: BScene Pound-for-Pound Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    DeGale in the top 10. Bold, but I like it.
    If you mean outrageous by "bold" then your comment makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu
      View Post
      OK, you may know better...
      Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      Not at all ! It is P4P afterall, nobody said anything when at one point we had Mayweather, Pac, Bradley and Brook in the top ten.

In my opinion Crawford and De Gale have no business being in the top ten. This is just eye candy pickings based on they look the part. Even Golovkin and Kovalev are too high.

The P4P should be based on best resume in last 2-3 years. Just because you are still an active fighter you can't live of the glory of what you did 5-6 years ago. That rules Ward right out.

By that reckoning Estrada and Gonzalez should be in. Also Nietes and Uchiyama should be in or close.

P4P no 1 should be Inoue (or he should be very close) Not only does he pass all eye candy requirements but his achievement over the last 2-3 years is on a par with anything any other boxer has done - unless anyone knows different?
      Now I see... I see...

... As I said above: you may know better...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... Juan Francisco Estrada?... Only because of Roman Gonzalez? WTF?
        Watch his last fight. Juan Estrada vs Hernan Marquez. Estrada battered Viloria 3 years before Gonzalez did and he took his Unified World Titles in the process. Estrada has beat better Flyweights than Gonzalez. Viloria is Gonzalez's biggest win in that division and Segura is the second best Flyweight Gonzalez will fight. Estrada knocked him out in the 11th round 2 years ago. Going the distance 12 rounds and out boxing Gonzalez weight drained is a huge accomplishment. Estrada started hitting Gonzalez from the very first round. He even swept rounds 10,11,and 12. The supposed to be p4p King looked like a bobble head in the Championship Rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by vortex662290 View Post
          Andre Ward #3? That's unfair to the other fighters who stayed active and fought since 2011. Beat Rodriguez and (out of shape) Smith that's his recent resume. Funny thing I agree with the rest except chocolatito for #5 or 6 and Estrada #10.
          :qqq::qqq::qqq:

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            If you mean outrageous by "bold" then your comment makes sense.
            Nope. I meant bold.

Comment

... Juan Francisco Estrada?... Only because of Roman Gonzalez? WTF?
              Estrada's resume is better than Golovkin's.

Comment

Originally posted by PanchoCordova View Post
                Watch his last fight. Juan Estrada vs Hernan Marquez. Estrada battered Viloria 3 years before Gonzalez did and he took his Unified World Titles in the process. Estrada has beat better Flyweights than Gonzalez. Viloria is Gonzalez's biggest win in that division and Segura is the second best Flyweight Gonzalez will fight. Estrada knocked him out in the 11th round 2 years ago. Going the distance 12 rounds and out boxing Gonzalez weight drained is a huge accomplishment. Estrada started hitting Gonzalez from the very first round. He even swept rounds 10,11,and 12. The supposed to be p4p King looked like a bobble head in the Championship Rounds.
                I see, I see... Gonzalez in from Nicaragua... While Marquez in from Mexico... and he's rated about at #50...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Estrada's resume is better than Golovkin's.
                  I sure of that.
                  That's precisely why Floyd Sr. called him to fight his son at 147... and Ward at 172 (after 2-3 tune ups).

Comment

I sure of that.
                    That's precisely why Floyd Sr. called him to fight his son at 147... and Ward at 172 (after 2-3 tune ups).
                    Because Estrada has a better resume? Sounds like your kinda logic.

If you don't have a counter that actually involves discussing resume (let's face it, you've probably seen Estrada fight once, tops), just say so.

Comment

Everything but Degale is fine. I mean there's several fighters throughout the weight classes that would beat him decisively. He last two fights weren't exactly career defining moments.

Comment

Working...
                      X