**** Jim Grey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** Jim Grey

I can't stand this asswh*le

He's Showtime's answer for the retired Larry Merchant.

Comment

I've never liked the pencil-necked little worm.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        He's Showtime's answer for the retired Larry Merchant.

NO NO NO no

Merchant is a mecurial animal, animated and knowledgable, Gray is a company man through and through, an azzkisser

Comment

Larry Merchant could be harsh sometimes but he kept it real and told it like he saw it. Larry Merchant is like what Malignaggi would become if he stays around as a commentator until he is in his 70's or 80's. The point is that Merchant did not like the bs in boxing and would say what was on his mind.

Jim Gray is a "yes man", someone either afraid to tell things like they are or too clueless to notice when something is wrong. I think it's more of the former and less of the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
            Larry Merchant could be harsh sometimes but he kept it real and told it like he saw it. Larry Merchant is like what Malignaggi would become if he stays around as a commentator until he is in his 70's or 80's. The point is that Merchant did not like the bs in boxing and would say what was on his mind.

Jim Gray is a "yes man", someone either afraid to tell things like they are or too clueless to notice when something is wrong. I think it's more of the former and less of the latter.
            Right on the money

Comment

Malinagi schooled him in the verbal battle. Jim Grey is a prick for keep on interrupting Paullie in the middle of his sentences

Comment

He never belonged in professional sports. I remember him always being unprofessional and rude toward his subjects. This opinion was formulated before the infamous Pete Rose incident. So when the Pete Rose incident happened live on television it shocked America, but not me. As i fully understood what this man was capable of. Bob Costas and even Joe Morgan (former Rose teammate) both who are outspoken stood quiet after their colleague's inquisition of Rose on national tv about Gambling while getting honored for the all century team. Thousands started to complain to NBC, compelling Grey to later offer a public 'bogus' apology.

James Toney would infamously throw the microphone on the floor when getting annoyed by Grey. Kostya Tszyu would tell Grey, "Don't be rude to me." Just a few weeks ago Grey would badger the Showtime translator for actually doing the job. The translator had the audacity to translate verbatim which personal shout outs to family and friends, of course, Grey couldn't wait and yelled "is he giving him a rematch!!! If he had just waited a few seconds than the translator would have got to that part.

Grey like Bob Costas are antagonistic sports journalist who fell to realize people watch sports for entertainment, if they want that rough and in your face style go cover politics.

Remember, Grey at one point was covering national sports, in the industry to be reduced to cover boxing(a sport frowned upon) is a step backwards. Nobody will ever put Grey back on the national spotlight.

Red K appreciated from Jim Grey nuthuggers.
                Last edited by HaglerSteelChin; 06-23-2013, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Jim gray is the man, deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post

Hit the nail on the head. He's a snooty prick too. Remember when he refused to shake Guerreros hand?

Comment

Working...
                    X