No announcement yet.

Cotto & Mayweather have no business fighting at 154,shud go back to 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto & Mayweather have no business fighting at 154,shud go back to 147

Let's face it guys,Cotto and Mayweather are very small guys who have no business fighting at 154lbs.Does anyone disagree with the fact that these two need to go back to 147lbs?

I kinda agree.

Comment

I agree. I never thought Cotto was drained at 145 for the Pacquiao fight or that he would have been drained at 150 in a rematch. Floyd and Cotto are natural welterweights and Cotto is not even a very big welterweight. Cotto just likes to eat. He looks very soft at 154. Trout looks like a true 154 pounder without an ounce of extra weight. Just my opinion and not a very popular one but one I think is true.

Comment

I just made a post like this at another thread, will copy

Also I want to add, pac and floyd should NEVER fight at 154, that is what weight classes are for, why go fight at 154 and put yourself at a massive disadvantages against proper 154 fighters? fighting cotto at 154 is different because he is a 147 fighter just a bloated one...

Floyd and pac are average and for pac small ww, they have reached their limits, if they fight at 154 then it will not show who is better between them and martinez, all it will show is they are stupid for ignoring the boundaries of the sport when they are knocked out

there is a reason light heavies struggle most of the time at heavyweight

cotto to me was never drained vs pac, hell he himself said he was in his best condition ever to fight, sure at 154 cotto would be more comfortable but who would not be? no pressure or that extra bit of grit to make weight

Comment

I said this when they fought one another.

It's a 147lb fight taking place at a higher weight. Cotto comes in with a little extra body fat when he fights at 154 (he could still make 147, even though it would be tight), his power and strength aren't the same and he needs those. Mayweather also doesn't belong, natural talent allows him to fight there, but he's far too small for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
            Let's face it guys,Cotto and Mayweather are very small guys who have no business fighting at 154lbs.Does anyone disagree with the fact that these two need to go back to 147lbs?
            I always thought Cotto was overrated at this weight. Been saying that for a while...which makes mayweather performance really unimpressive. SWW is not these guys good weight. They don't carry enough firepower at this weight and speed is slowed due to the increase weight. The fighters at SWW are much bigger frame wise with much longer reach. I don't think Mayweather wanna touch Trout. That is a very dangerous fight for him.

Comment

floyd can campaign at 154 methnks

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
                floyd can campaign at 154 methnks
                yeah right i wanna see Mayweather vs Trout. Mayweather may well lose. Trout moves very well at this weight. Mayweather does not.

Comment

floyd could as he doesnt get hit a lot...but cotto does

wouldnt say cotto is necessarily soft at this weight, he looked ripped for margarito and mayorga...he has just bulked up too much these past two years that he probably cant move down anymore

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    floyd could as he doesnt get hit a lot...but cotto does

wouldnt say cotto is necessarily soft at this weight, he looked ripped for margarito and mayorga...he has just bulked up too much these past two years that he probably cant move down anymore
                    that is a good point....7 lb of muscle loss...

Comment

Working...
                    X