Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How HBO, PBC, & GGG can benefit with a fight on PBC.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How HBO, PBC, & GGG can benefit with a fight on PBC.

Have GGG fight Wade on a PBC card. Wade poses no threat and GGG will win in exciting fashion. Put Jacobs on as a double header. Have him fight a tailor made fighter and win in an exciting fashion. I can see 3-4 million views for this card. GGG goes back to HBO for his PPV fight with Canelo. GGG also gains new fans and leverage because 3-4 million people saw him beat the brakes off Wade and now they'll pay to see him fight Canelo. GGG fans have to be realistic. That 150k was horrible. He has no leverage in the Canelo fight except to strip him. But with my plan he has more leverage because people will now want to see Jacobs vs. GGG. So if Canelo starts with that 155 lb BS GGG can fight Jacobs on PPV. A HBO/Showtime PPV. Strip Canelo. Fight Jacobs. Leave Canelo without a belt or a credible opponent in September.
    Good idea
    44.44%
    Bad idea
    22.22%
    The only PPV I'll buy is Charles Martin.
    33.33%

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    Have GGG fight Wade on a PBC card. Wade poses no threat and GGG will win in exciting fashion. Put Jacobs on as a double header. Have him fight a tailor made fighter and win in an exciting fashion. I can see 3-4 million views for this card. GGG goes back to HBO for his PPV fight with Canelo. GGG also gains new fans and leverage because 3-4 million people saw him beat the brakes off Wade and now they'll pay to see him fight Canelo. GGG fans have to be realistic. That 150k was horrible. He has no leverage in the Canelo fight except to strip him. But with my plan he has more leverage because people will now want to see Jacobs vs. GGG. So if Canelo starts with that 155 lb BS GGG can fight Jacobs on PPV. A HBO/Showtime PPV. Strip Canelo. Fight Jacobs. Leave Canelo without a belt or a credible opponent in September.
    Sht, sounds good to me.

Although, guys like HeroBando will poke holes in your HBO/PPV suggestion saying the fight isn't big enough.

I say make it happen.

Comment

Dude they're trying to kill each other. Of course it's better if they work together but that's not the game they're playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        Dude they're trying to kill each other. Of course it's better if they work together but that's not the game they're playing.
        You're ok with that?

And don't just say "I'm not ok with it but I understand" excuse. Because this BS in boxing is inexcusable.

It's ruining the sport.

If you're not ok with it, then as a fan, start speaking up, demanding better fights and holding these networks to the fire if they're preventing the fights from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          You're ok with that?

And don't just say "I'm not ok with it but I understand" excuse. Because this BS in boxing is inexcusable.

It's ruining the sport.

If you're not ok with it, then as a fan, start speaking up, demanding better fights and holding these networks to the fire if they're preventing the fights from happening.
          Go preach that gospel to the premier business champions on this site. They're the ones who need to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Go preach that gospel to the premier business champions on this site. They're the ones who need to hear it.
            But yourself and many of your buds are the ones that are fine with "HBO's way or the highway" train of thought.

Comment

there wont be an hbo/sho ppv for a long time.. gg vs jacobs isnt ppv worthy lol

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                there wont be an hbo/sho ppv for a long time.. gg vs jacobs isnt ppv worthy lol
                Currently it isn't PPV worthy. Do you think it would be PPV worthy if they both fought on the same card in front of 3-4 million people? With the right promotion it may be even more.

Comment

Currently it isn't PPV worthy. Do you think it would be PPV worthy if they both fought on the same card in front of 3-4 million people? With the right promotion it may be even more.
                  Idk but even then no way HBO does a split ppv with those 2 guys. Only times they did it, it got over 2 mil buys

Comment

Why would Haymon give up a primetime national TV date to an HBO fighter, who isn't offering anything to him in return? Unless a deal is done where, in giving Golovkin the primetime doubleheader, K2 agrees to a 50/50 Golovkin-Jacobs PPV on HBO/SHO, there's no rational reason to give Golovkin such a stage.

Canelo doesn't need the WBC middleweight belt; looking at the current rankings, he may end up vacating the belt to make a bigger fight. Alvarez-Rosado happens in May, and Canelo still has a Cotto rematch to look forward to for later in 2016 (if not in September, it'll close out the year).

Comment

Working...
                    X