Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios wants Gamboa to move up? Why doesnt Rios move up to fight his rival Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    I don't know if you know this but Gamboa called Rios out and now Gamboa seems hesitant to face a Rios who would have most likely been weight drained.
    Remind me of how Cotto called PAC out for a fight at welter for a 145 fight but People blamed PAC for the 145 catchweight .

Comment

does anyone know why gamboa didn't show?

Comment

Originally posted by Rox View Post
        do you really want to know why???? because Ortiz knocks him out
        If Rios is able to handle Ortiz's power, I'm going with Brandon. Rios to me is better than both Berto and Peterson.

Comment

If Rios is able to handle Ortiz's power, I'm going with Brandon. Rios to me is better than both Berto and Peterson.

lol bernard funny

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
            I'm pretty sure it's the way you worded the title of this thread: "Rios wants Gamboa to move up? Why doesnt Rios move up to fight his rival Ortiz?" -_-

This is really a pointless thread./
            Well I can understand that, I didn't even think of how it was worded in thread title. I was in a rush when I made the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by sapaw View Post
              I know your not much Gamboa fan.. your a floyd fan and since your guy is behind this great fight in jeopardy, you trying to justify your baby mamas move... END
              I like Gamboa but his career hasn't been around that long and he hasn't fought enough big names for me to be a "fan"

I am not a fan of Mayweather, I like him as a fighter just as much as I like Roy Jones, Ali, Sweat Pea etc etc.

I have no emotional allegiance to any athlete in any sport.......END

Comment

Maybe because it's obvious what your trying to imply. Again Rios has made it clear that he wants to fight at 140 unless the Gamboa fight presented itself, which it did.
                Uh no champ i am not trying to "imply" anything. How i worded the thread title was wrong. Maybe if you had asked me "IF" i am trying to imply that then I would've have responded accordingly. Don't assume, because when you do....you know the rest.

Also this is from November 15th 2011.....WBA lightweight champion Brandon Rios recently stopped by ‘The Boxing Lab’, BoxingScene.com’s official radio show, and touched on some topics in the boxing world with hosts Ryan Burton, Luis Sandoval, and Ernest Gabion.

Top Rank is interested in pitting him with featherweight sensation Yuriorkis Gamboa on January 28th.

Gamboa is tired of looking for big fights at 126 pounds and has decided to chase bigger opportunities by moving up in weight. Rios was asked how he would deal with a fighter like Gamboa, as the Cuban has blazing speed of both hand and foot, but he instantly turned the tables.

“People have said this and that about me, they should be saying ‘He hasn’t faced a guy like Brandon Rios’,” he continued. “Somebody who’s going to put pressure and has power in both hands and that doesn’t give up and can take a shot. Honestly, how is he going to handle my pressure? Because he’s coming to my class, he’s coming to my division, this is my title, this is my world. The only reason I’m number two is because [Juan Manuel] Marquez hasn’t faced me yet. But other than that, I run 135.”

Now when did Gamboa call out Rios?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  between this moron and Muddyman I dont know whose schtick is worse
                  E you are way too biased when it comes to rios but you at least have admitted it in the past
                  but your boy Bum BUm gets his fooken arse kicked and teeth stomped by Ortiz and you know it
                  Ive met both and Rios isnt much smaller than Ortiz
                  I actually think he is thicker
                  oh well we will never know

as for the original post by the TS'
                  bro that fight can easily happen in the next year or two
                  both are young and have a lot of maturing to do
                  if it ever happens I have Ortiz by BRUTAL career ending KNOCKOUT!

Comment

Because Ortiz would stomp a mudhole through his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      Because Ortiz would stomp a mudhole through his ass.
                      I agree....I mean even if Gamboa called him out, why is he so excited to fight a guy 2 divisions lower?

Comment

Working...
                      X