Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Forget Stevenson, Make Kovalev-Golovkin in Monster Movie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Forget Stevenson, Make Kovalev-Golovkin in Monster Movie

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - I can’t be the only one, can I?

Though I sat down like a good HBO subscriber Saturday night and awaited tumult as Sergey Kovalev approached the ring on the Jersey seashore, I walked away 30 or so minutes later with something less than the post-apocalyptic afterglow I’d been led to believe I’d experience.

I know he stretched his consecutive stoppages-in-victories streak to 12. I know he was never in danger of losing the fight, in spite of blood over both eyes and a visit to the canvas from a nasty low blow. And I know his opponent leaned more toward Josh Clottey than Mike Tyson when it came to engagement.

But still, somehow I expected more.

Given that Agnew came into the ring with a middling stoppage history, only 13 KOs in 26 wins, against opposition that can hardly be deemed world-class in nature, I figured he’d provide a negligible level of dissuasion to a guy who’d been tagged coming in with words like animal, beast and monster.

Based on the ferocity with which Kovalev had erased Nathan Cleverly and Ismayl Sillakh – both of whom had arrived with at least equal (and in Cleverly’s case, far more) fanfare – I actually thought I’d leaned conservative in forecasting the Russian would be chatting up Max Kellerman inside of nine minutes.

Not only did it end up closer to 21 ticks before “Krusher” got to deliver the Adonis-baiting line that became the event’s most memorable takeaway, but he got hit enough times and looked vulnerable enough in spots to make think he’s something inferior to the Ivan Drago clone he’d been billed. [Click Here To Read More]

Damn don't do Golovkin like that loll

Comment

Ah shiat frankenstein(kovalev) vs the wolfman(ggg),i think the wolfman wins it!

Comment

Does anyone really believe Abel Sanchez?

"Kovalev was afraid of Golovkin when they were in the ring,†he told HustleBoss.com, referring to spar sessions over an 18-month period in Big Bear, Calif. “When he did spar Gennady, Sergey would fall apart and wouldn’t pose much of a challenge for Golovkin. It was either too much respect or too much fear.â€

This is the same guy who will tell you with a straight face that GGG is the best MW of all times.

Anyway, as far as the match up goes, no thanks. One guy would be jumping 2 weight classes and the other possibly draining himself. Too much room for excuses and criticism.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Ridiculous. Golovkin is a small MW. Also, the article did a poor job diminishing the victories. Regardless, they won by KO without much trouble. They are not playing tennis; they are in a fight. So, If you are planning to demerit, at least use the level of the opposition as an excuse.

Comment

you got us, April Fools

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              you got us, April Fools
              Hahaha i totally didnt realize it was april 1st..!!lmao good shiat hougigo

Comment

it cant happen ggg people already said they will go back down to 160 soon this fights over that means no ward at 168 no catch weight fights no nothing atleast we get chavez better then nothing

Comment

When I saw the headline I thought 'you gotta be kidding me' then I realised he actually was lol. You got us Lyle Fitzsimmons!

Comment

Ridiculous. Wait a few years until ggg grows into the weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X