Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dibella: Martinez-Chavez could do at least 300K PPV/OK with Jr having lionshare of $

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't happen till Chavez Jr. is good and ready. And that day might never come.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      Martinez wanted a drug test
      A few weeks ago on his twitter. He said the fight will have to have VADA or they won't be a fight.

Dibella has also been a strong advocate for VADA(Ortiz-Berto II). It was asked why Martinez-Macklin didn't have VADA. He answered with he didn't feel there was a need to. Which is kind of hypocritical IMO. But, whatever....

Originally posted by ny123 View Post

So you think team Chavez will look for a way to make sure the fight wont happen? I hope you're wrong.
      Who knows? I might be wrong and Jr might agree to it. But, I doubt it...They haven't been eager to fight Martinez it seems, not now anyways. I don't think that has changed. So they might look for a way out. And, that VADA demand might be it.

Which is smart what Lou is doing. Giving up the bigger split, probably gives up the venue the size of the ring, the type of gloves etc etc. Just to have that one VADA demand.

But, I hope I'm wrong as well. Like I said I have done a complete 180 on this fight. I was so against this fight. And, I couldn't understand why anyone would want to see it. But, honestly if I was running Chavez career I would try to hold of on this fight as much as possible. Because, Chavez is still getting better, developing, still learning his craft. But, at the same time I wouldn't be as fearful for this fight as they probably were 2 weeks ago. I think Martinez has proven IMO, to me anyways, that he is not a true elite fighter. While Chavez has gotten better IMO. So if it happens next so be it. It might be a risky chance that they should be willing to take.

Comment

Working...
      X