Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitaly just beat some respect into Briggs or is Briggs not a bad guy after all?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always liked Briggs as a boxing personality, not so much a fighter though. His pre-fight conditioning was awful, just like we all thought it would be, and it showed the whole fight. He must have one of the worst punch outputs of any notable fighter in recent years and as a result, gave himself no chance of winning...

Props to Vitali though, for fighting his own fight and pitching the shutout. You don't see too many hws who can go 12 rounds with a puncher and virtually not get hit with any meaningful shots the whole fight. This is why both brothers' careers have so much longevity. They don't take punishment, at least in the second half of their careers...

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
      I was quite surprised to see Briggs give Vitaly props and say that he is better than both Lewis and Foreman, who Briggs fought, so I take his word for it.
      I was also surprised that he gave Wladimir props during the same speech.

Now just during the conference, he was stepping to Wlad and he also has publicy called both brothers bums and ****s in the past.

Now, was the Briggs we saw tonight his true nature or did it take a severe beating to knock some respect into him?

BTW - I give Briggs props for not folding like so many of the Klitschko opponents have (Peter, Brewster, Jhonson, Chagaev, etc). He has mad heart and also a ****ing crazy chin, no man should have survived that kind of beating standing up.
      Briggs was BSing to make himself feel better.

Its embarassing that a 48 year old Foreman went the distance with him.

Its embarassing that Lennox was smiling and goofing off when he KOd him in the 5th.

Of course he is going to say that Vitali punches the hardest of the 3. The other two options are too difficult to accept.

Comment

Briggs is a good guy and a master salesman. All his hyping and boasting prefight was pretty entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
          I was quite surprised to see Briggs give Vitaly props and say that he is better than both Lewis and Foreman, who Briggs fought, so I take his word for it.
          I was also surprised that he gave Wladimir props during the same speech.

Now just during the conference, he was stepping to Wlad and he also has publicy called both brothers bums and ****s in the past.

Now, was the Briggs we saw tonight his true nature or did it take a severe beating to knock some respect into him?

BTW - I give Briggs props for not folding like so many of the Klitschko opponents have (Peter, Brewster, Jhonson, Chagaev, etc). He has mad heart and also a ****ing crazy chin, no man should have survived that kind of beating standing up.
          If his performance is any indication, one can gather he was just doing what any normal boxer looking for a decent pay day would do. Talk trash to get noticed.

If nothing else, that fight could've been stopped much earlier than the 12th round.

Comment

A few sentences after he said that, Briggs said, "I hope I can come back and fight Vladimir ....

So Briggs was hoping that he can be nice and get a chance at another big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              A few sentences after he said that, Briggs said, "I hope I can come back and fight Vladimir ....

So Briggs was hoping that he can be nice and get a chance at another big payday.
              Well he might get that chance if he is able to go beat up on someone like Arreola, Povetkin, Chambers, or possibly Solis. But I think Briggs is done, he took a massive beating and might call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
                Well he might get that chance if he is able to go beat up on someone like Arreola, Povetkin, Chambers, or possibly Solis. But I think Briggs is done, he took a massive beating and might call it a day.

The problem that I had with this fight is that Briggs didn't have to beat a top contender before he faced Vitali. At least have him beat one of those guys you mentioned then get a chance at Vitali. We never really knew what Briggs was going to bring to the table. Even though we had an idea that he had only a punchers chance.

Comment

Obviously he has always been a good guy. Look at his itnerviews, heck all boxers, or most are good guys to the right people.

That fishing **** should not have happened,m they are boxers and need to be focused and angry at each other.

I'd say that he fought a 45 year old Foreman and he was in prime VS lewis and got KTFD a few times and then ended, but you can take his word for it.

If he stood there VS Lewis for 12, he would be dead. He couldn't but props to Vitali who is a beast and out of prime himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Briggs is a good guy and a master salesman. All his hyping and boasting prefight was pretty entertaining.
                    Hope you do not turn back on that and say Haye is disgraceful

Comment

Did briggs say Vitali was better than LL when LL knocked him oout all those years back?

But im not suprised Vitali destroyed Briggs who i havent seen for ages!

Comment

Working...
                      X