Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton-Witter "Will They Ever Fight?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not really a Hatton fan but I think Hatton wins it fairly comfortably. Malignaggi is feather fisted and doesn't have enough power to worry Hatton. Plus he has Mayweather Sr. training him now so i think he will look a lot better than he did than his last fight.

Comment

I think so Hatton will want to say he beat everyone in the division

Comment

Witter blew it, but this fight would still be huge domestically and a pretty evenly matched fight IMO. well put it this way, I think Witter can give him more troubles than Paulie. he has more power.

Comment

Witter defo blew it with the Bradley fight but also didn't team Hatton offer him the biggest pay day of his career and he turned it down?

Comment

I don't think so, unless Team Hatton were taking the piss with that payday. Even his biggest payday can be less than a million which would be minimum of what he deserves.

i got some good reliable inside info from my promoter who has contacts with chiennes Anglais about witters state of mind going into his last fight. Apparently his dad just died and his wife left him and was also trying to rag him for every last penny he made. I doubt he is anywhere near a millionaire as is such a boring fighter who can't draw crowds. Poor sod.

Comment

Originally posted by riera View Post
              I don't think so, unless Team Hatton were taking the piss with that payday. Even his biggest payday can be less than a million which would be minimum of what he deserves.

i got some good reliable inside info from my promoter who has contacts with chiennes Anglais about witters state of mind going into his last fight. Apparently his dad just died and his wife left him and was also trying to rag him for every last penny he made. I doubt he is anywhere near a millionaire as is such a boring fighter who can't draw crowds. Poor sod.
              That personnal **** is serious man. if that was me i would refuse to go to my day job. It is one of those were both camps say he offerd me this and that and the othe rsay he never offerd me that. that is why boxing is on the decline at the moment imo. either way a prime hatton beats a prime witter.

Comment

Yeah. But Witter would give him problems and maybe bore him to death. hatton would be on him like a dog and probably win it. If Witter can get his title back in time, then fatty should give him his shot as they are the two best in the ****ry.

Comment

Rumor has it thaT Witter overtrained for his fight with Bradley. Well that's what he said after the fight and in an interview a month or two later. I believe Witter would KO Hatton and I hope he get's a rematch with Zab and Bradley, Zab has moved back down to 140 and Bradley is having trouble finding viable opponents(Edner Cherry? come on now).

Comment

Originally posted by riera View Post
                    Yeah. But Witter would give him problems and maybe bore him to death. hatton would be on him like a dog and probably win it. If Witter can get his title back in time, then fatty should give him his shot as they are the two best in the ****ry.
                    He might give him problems mate but almost every fighter Hatton as fought as gave him problems. This fight will nver happen for a simple reason Witter is not a well known fighter. he could'nt sell out an arena for a world championship fight against an un-named fighter. The is no money in it for Hatton and nothing for him to gain if he beats him. If Hatton beats him it will be classed as an "easy" fight for Hatton in our ****ry.

Comment

Originally posted by MrUnKnockoutabl View Post
                      Rumor has it thaT Witter overtrained for his fight with Bradley. Well that's what he said after the fight and in an interview a month or two later. I believe Witter would KO Hatton and I hope he get's a rematch with Zab and Bradley, Zab has moved back down to 140 and Bradley is having trouble finding viable opponents(Edner Cherry? come on now).
                      I don't think he overtrained, I think he was ****ed up from all the **** outside the ring. Maybe both though.

Originally posted by Savino View Post
                      He might give him problems mate but almost every fighter Hatton as fought as gave him problems. This fight will nver happen for a simple reason Witter is not a well known fighter. he could'nt sell out an arena for a world championship fight against an un-named fighter. The is no money in it for Hatton and nothing for him to gain if he beats him. If Hatton beats him it will be classed as an "easy" fight for Hatton in our ****ry.
                      That is simply not true. This fight could easily be promoted asa huge domestic match up. Witter is kinda well known and if he won that free TV fight he would have boosted his stock. he was in the back pages as 'bitter witter' so isn't exactly completely unknown. I think it would be a huge money fight and could fill out a footy stadium. Any Hatton fight could, just look at his last one!

I think it would be a good fight too, because like you say Hatton gets troubled quite a bit. Interesting point you make there. Collazo gave him problems too and IMO nearly won and should have been given a rematch which fatty would lose. He looks shot since being spanked by Floyd. Even though Witter has fought in a class or two below, the styles would make good fight.

I know a bit about your country mate coz I went to Halton College in your town when I did a football coaching course at LFC! The written modules and exams were done in that quiet and scary little posh town of yours. I think it is a fight that the public would want, especially the British boxing fraternity. Therefore it MUST go on for the sake of British boxing, IF Witter comes back and gets his title.
                      Last edited by riera; 10-19-2008, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X